Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

What kind of monster makes a kid walk out there? 5 hours and 8 miles of hell

2 Likes

100%, victory is the worst course to walk Iā€™ve ever played. Tips at TPC is tough but nothing like walking a literal 1/2 mile between holes

1 Like

Did it in Junior PGA events, hated it. When I was 12 I had to lay up to other tee boxes because I couldnā€™t reach the fairway with my drive

2 Likes

Listen, it was a mistake for sureā€¦they finally learned my senior year and had cart shuttles between 1 and 2, 8 and 9, 9 to 10, 11 to 12, and 17 to 18.

lol at 5 hoursā€¦woulda KILLED for that kind of pace

3 Likes

I played a course SE of Des Moines called Bos Landen and Iā€™m glad I asked the kid if itā€™s walkable and even more glad he said not really. It wouldā€™ve been very similar to Victory, maybe not quite as far between holes but tons of elevation. A lot like the Wilds, actuallyā€¦

3 Likes

Been thereā€¦my first time out there in 8th grade, it was probably 45 degrees and stiff wind into the face on 9ā€¦put a nice layup to the forward tees short of that grass strip.

2 Likes

I played it the Sunday before and it rained heavily on Saturdayā€¦ the rough suuuuuuuuuuucked

1 Like

Absolute daggerā€¦Iā€™ll be on vacation the weekend before the 3M this year. Just out here trying to get excited for a weird future round in these trying times, and even that is cooked. Fuck.

3 Likes

Unneeded, we all knew youā€™d carry Seth.

1 Like

You know I love me some Victory links. We will get out there again this year. Just might only get slapped on the wrist vs punched in the face :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Do I have to buy a duck to join??

1 Like

Lets be real here TBuhr, no one is buying ducks to be forced to watch me grind out there :joy:

1 Like

You bursting into, ā€œPETER, YOU SUCK! PETER, YOU SUCKā€ on 16 is all anyone ever needs

2 Likes

Man that was such a fun (but painfully slow pace) day.

I still havenā€™t learned how to teleport :joy:

1 Like

This was my home course in college. 10/10 do not recommend this walk.

2 Likes

I always played Tuesday league out there and the guy in the shop would say ā€œbest week to be out hereā€. Honestly never found it that different after the qualifier, assuming they did some cutting and pin shifts Tuesday morning though.

Edit:walked often #dumbass

3 Likes

No idea if this is frowned upon, and if it is, let me know and Iā€™ll nuke this. But, Iā€™m offering a Twin Cities only Silk Road item, because I do not want to ship this thing. I hate the Silk Road rules, but Iā€™m already circumventing some of them, so Iā€™ll play along.

Letā€™s call this Chuck, a lightly used Walker Trolley. Chuck and I have spent about five rounds together, including the inaugural North Star Shootout. Chuck was purchased with the purest of intentions, and I had convinced myself that I would definitely being walking more rounds for golf. Intentions didnā€™t match reality and Chuck is wasting away in my basement, angry that his beauty is not being allowed to be displayed all over the metroā€™s finest courses. Itā€™s in great shape, just a few light marks on it, perfect working condition. Chuck can be yours for $265, and I am willing to discuss personal delivery, or meeting up to give you Chuck.

If youā€™re interested, DM me, and again, if I have sullied the best thread on the Refuge, tell me that as well and Iā€™ll nuke it.

This is Bode. Good boi, craves attention.

7 Likes

Fuck, that thing is beautiful. Trolley ainā€™t bad looking either

5 Likes

Look we can negotiate on Bode, but we have to be sneaky about it. My kids and wife love that dog infinitely more than me.

5 Likes

A beautiful trolley for a reasonable price, a beautiful dog for what may be a reasonable price, and a sneaky foot pic?

12 Likes