Roll Call: Minn3sota / North Star United - Match Play Sign Up Post 21

Is there a bracket/round schedule? Would love to be part of it again, but as a teacher/coach, I’m very limited in rounds prior to June. I’m assuming it wouldn’t work with my schedule, but just thought I’d check.

1 Like

No bracket until we know who’s all playing but as with prior years, we try to get through about one round per month. So by June, we’d hope that we’re in the round of 16 or close to it.

Alright, I’ll have to sit out. Don’t want to hold up the bracket up.

I might be able to get some non-refugees involved. I assume they would be able to sign up through the same link? And when do we need people signed up by?

Yes they’ll have to join the UkG community to sign up. And as soon as possible :+1:

I probably should have asked this before is living 2hrs from the cities a problem?

No. I’ll fudge the randomizer a bit so you play someone else from the SE in the first round, at least. Beyond that, you might have to travel a bit (or convince some people to meet you at The Jewel!)

2 Likes

Feels like as close to a personal invitation as I’m going to get. I’m in. Gives @Mikeyg another SE gui too

4 Likes

I’ll ask a few guys at work if they want to play!

1 Like

5 Likes

@NorthStarUnited if you weren’t tagged above, get in on this Match Play season! Details in post 28.

4 Likes

To clarify based on posts above, timing the first round has to be completed by May 1?

We are expecting baby number two on Masters Thursday and it is a c-section so if that is the case I have to bow out. Probably should donate 10 dollars and forfeit to pay homage to my controversial takes on a variety of beloved courses in the thread.

We recognize that things come up, ideally round 1 would get done by May 1st, but if that was pushed back a week, and you/you’re partner were still able to get round 2 done in a reasonable timeframe, we wouldn’t bat an eye

1 Like

What Kyle said. We just need things to keep moving, and the first round is always going to be the slowest because there would be (ideally) 32 matches. Through the first half of May is probably realistic.

Aight, cool. I will sign up. I am just so unsure what to expect from the rang of stories I have heard so hope whoever I’m matched against is understanding on it if the worst happens. Thanks for organizing fellas!

2 Likes

Just try your best to organize a match with your round 1 opponent. Congrats on baby #2 as well!

2 Likes

signed up on the unknown site. where do i direct my $10?

Go to Communities (or Events) and you’ll see the 2024 Match Play event. When you register, you’ll be redirected to a Stripe payment portal.

1 Like

If you are joining match play, make sure to jump on the discord so you can coordinate games!

2 Likes

What if I don’t know what discord is?

5 Likes