Roll Call: Minn3sota / North Star United - Match Play Sign Up Post 21

Guis, we are sitting somewhere just under 32 sign ups for this,

2024 NSU Single Elim Matchplay

Arguably the most coveted title in NSU (you even get a sick belt currently held by @JMK). Don’t miss out on this, the goal is to hit 64 sign ups and get this underway as soon as posting season starts.

https://ukg.golf/q?ac=MzPlcyeB

Don’t miss out, come join the fun. Meet new guis in the roost, make friends (or enemies), and hopefully work your way up through the bracket and inch closer to the belt.

Again there is a $10 fee to join that helps us keep the gears turning here at NSU. Let’s get this all the way to 64 so we don’t need to do some sort of lame process to address first round byes.

13 Likes

Took up @LCO on his free demo of the launch club and I was impressed. First off super nice dude and the place has a great setup. I’ve never used Trackman IO and I really liked it.

3 Likes

Heading to Lawsonia in June with a group of 8 guys. We were thinking about renting a large van to make the trip together. We had a van set up through Turo but found out that the calendar wasn’t set properly and it is not longer available.

Has anyone done something similar or know of another good option in mpls?

2 Likes

It isn’t cheap (not worth it) but Hertz and other car rental companies have them.

I fucking love Lawsonia though. We’ve always made the trip there and a stop up at Stevens Point CC on the way out. SPCC is one of my favorite courses in WI and doesn’t get talked about enough.

2 Likes

One of my buddies said “This is the best ranch I’ve ever had” the first time we took him to Runyons. They only serve blue cheese there, he was adamant that he hated blue cheese and would only eat wings with ranch

2 Likes

You could take a look at RVShare.com - they have some decent offerings that you could fit a group of 8 guys in probably. Not a traditional van, but honestly may be more fun?

1 Like

I think my parents have a similar poster still hanging in their basement bathroom.

2 Likes

Happy GHIN posting season to all who celebrate :pinched_fingers: :pinched_fingers:

We could still use a considerable number of bodies for the annual match play bracket, so I’m going to tag folks who participated last year but have not yet signed up.

Yes, we are asking for a little bit of a contribution this year ($10 and change). This is simply to support our Roost operations and the competitors who will be representing us in the Regional (and hopefully) the Roost Club Championship.

That being said, this match play is open to any and everyone, even non-Refugees. If you have golf sicko friends who can’t be arsed to be on a message board (believe me, I get it), this is a great way to get them involved with a pretty damn good group of players, in my humble opinion.

Here is the signup link for our community on Unknown Golf (completely free! Do not sign up for an individual membership unless you really want to).

http://ukg.golf/join/NorthStarUnited

Once you’ve created your account and been approved, you can go to Communities > North Star United and see the 2024 Match Play event to register.

Let me know if you have ANY questions, concerns, or even if you just want to complain.

@billy_baroo
@EagleE
@Kizzlle
@Kolby
@bobs219
@Qgorski
@earlsmithiii
@sbst
@wry_whiskey
@Mystic

4 Likes

@mrlarson
@aspoiledwalk
@mnlefty
@tedmilky
@mstork
@bruceylucy
@a-double-u
@daniel
@battisstatus
@mikev16

2 Likes

@robmush
@xraypunk
@bjd
@AndrewMoran
@imbobbell
@mfowlds
@spscrappers
@bbultman
@dylanjmcdonald
@duckduckgreyduckhook

1 Like

Yeah Nanski, tag em

2 Likes

@Obrienchauncey1
@crdallman
@librarytryhard
@jt_sing
@jalper25

Kid number two is on the way mid summer, so I am going to bow out this year.

4 Likes

Understandable! And congrats man, that’s big.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Hoping for some more of this unseasonably warm weather so I can pack in as much golf as I can before then ha

1 Like

I think I’m registered, no?

I very much want to do the Match Play, but like 80% of my weekends for the summer are booked already and outside of @Bnankivil i don’t think I’m within 2 hours of anyone. Makes it tough for me to commit.

1 Like

You must not have finished submitting the Stripe payment because it shows as incomplete on my end

2 Likes

Midway Ford in Roseville has some larger rentals available.

1 Like

Alright I’m back @bignanski you sold me I am in for the match play I look forward to getting ejected in the first just like coach Cal.

3 Likes