Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Going to be in the South Haven/St Joes area this weekend without the wife so I have free range to golf. Anyone want to get in a morning round on the SW side of the great state of Michigan

Still have to spots for stoatin Brae at 9:20 on Friday 10/1. Going to cancel the two spots if they aren’t claimed by Wednesday night.

1 Like

If you’re up for a little drive you should come out to the east vs west on Saturday! It’s in Jackson mi though so not the closest but I’ll actually be in south haven Friday with the fam

2 Likes

@Browcoww77 what were your thoughts on Stoatin?

1 Like

I ended up going out to Muskegon CC instead. I haven’t gotten to play it yet this year, but played it twice last year. Its awesome. I wish I would have played it instead of Muskegon.

2 Likes

Parachuting in here now that I’ve got a Forest Dunes trip booked for MDW ‘22.

I have flexibility to fly out of TVC or DTW (flying into TVC). Since I have an extra day to play somewhere in either area on the way out (post-FD stay), hoping for those here to guide me on good options either near those airports, or between Forest Dunes and those airport.

Grateful in advance, and apologies if the “read this thread before posting police” are waiting to smother this post.

1 Like

Hey man, actually check out the replies to this post in the Michigan Golf thread from just a couple weeks ago. Very similar with suggestions laid out for both airport options. Have a great trip.

1 Like

I’ll be there the weekend before MDW, very much looking forward to it! I’ll throw my “home course” in the mix. Golden Fox at Fox Hills in Plymouth is solid track. About a 30 minute drive to DTW.

1 Like

Wondering if anyone has played American Dunes recently, how is the condition?

I played there about 3 weeks ago and thought it was in great condition. Though I will say the first 3 greens were a little rougher and slower than the practice green. After that, they all played same speed.

Awesome photo looks great! I am super pumped to check it out

I played it about 2 weeks ago on a rainy day and came away really impressed.

It was a really fun course, IMO.

4 Likes

Looks Great! I am usually not the biggest Jack fan when it comes to courses but this seems like a much different course from his usual stuff

2 Likes

Gonna try and grab a tee time tomorrow at the legacy over by Adrian if anyone wants to get it. Shooting for 10ish on Friday

If there is anyone in the Adrian area that wants to get out on Legacy tomorrow I have a spot open at 12:08.

Let’s goo!

Just got back from my Fall Michigan Trip. I have to say, I was extremely impressed with American Dunes golf course. The look and feels of the place gave me major Pinehurst vibes! Couple of sections looking out over the golf course reminded me of Mid Pines. I think only a few holes that felt “out of place” 1,2,3,9 and 18 all just had a different feel than the rest of the golf course IMO. I will say Jack inserting himself into all 18 holes and every other video in the golf cart was in poor taste IMO they should have had all 18 holes for the Folds of Honor Families. Overall I think everyone would enjoy a day there and I will for sure be going back. Another side note the course conditions IMO where fantastic course played firm and fast and the greens rolled true and fast.

5 Likes

Does anyone have recommendations on courses around the state that are reasonable for kids? My 10 year old really likes the game but obviously doesn’t hit it that far yet. Looking for more options where kids are welcomed.

2 Likes

UMGC is super welcoming to kids. Took my 3 year old there last week and the staff loved it.

Fox Hills is up there too with their “friendly tees”

1 Like

Where do you live? Belle Isle opened a 6 hole par 3 course this year. The Strategic Fox in Plymouth is also quite good and excellent wedge practice for adults.

1 Like

The Indian Hills 9 holer in Okemos seems like it’d be a great vibe for kids.