Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

@eatonsb birdied that from the right rough when we were out there, it was sick!

2 Likes

@eatonsb can definitely play! also shout-out to @DevonCoates who was the first person I’ve seen hit two perfect shots to [pretty much] reach the 11th in two from the blue tees.

2 Likes

I certainly gave myself a lot of opportunity for recovery punch shots out there yesterday. Really starting to groove the 4iron worm burner back to the fairway.

It wasn’t even downwind. 2 of the best shots I’ve seen on that hole as well.

3 Likes

Hah thanks guise. I almost forgot about those two good shots among the 100+ bad ones I had out there.

Like the two back to back shots into the exact tree that @eatonsb was hiding behind.

The course lives up to the hype for sure

2 Likes

Super pumped for the Friday before maximania. Gonna be a great day.

2 Likes

The G.A.M is sponsoring an auction for foursomes at some decent courses:

1 Like

Alright guise, Golf.com put out its list of the best public courses in America. 6 are in Michigan. Thoughts on the rankings, courses that were left off, should be higher or lower?

The Loop (Red/Black) - 34
Arcadia Bluffs (Bluffs) - 46
Arcadia Bluffs (South) - 56
Greywalls - 65
Forest Dunes - 73
Stoatin Brae - 96

I think that’s a fair list. Michigan is definitely well represented.

The great thing about our state is you can’t go far without finding a good course to play.

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised Arcadia Bluffs South is ahead of Greywalls and Forest Dunes. I still need to play it but most of my friends who have played the all would rank them.

Greywalls
Forest Dunes
Bluffs
Loop
South
Stoatin Brae

1 Like

I agree pretty good list and people don’t realize how many good courses we have in Michigan. I was a little surprised Bay Harbor didn’t make the list, I not played there yet but it is usually up there.

I’ve never played Bay Harbor either, but a few people I’ve heard from said it isn’t that great architecturally, so maybe that’s why it didn’t make the list?

Yeah it is not good architecturally, and honestly the up keep the last time I played there which was 2 years ago was embarrassingly bad, I thought crooked tree down the road was in better shape.

I’ve only played Greywalls on this list, but man was it incredible, especially in the fall. The course was still incredibly fast and the views were amazing.

I think views wise, it goes Greywalls and Bluffs at the top, but everyone says the Loop is a ton of fun. It also helps that you get two courses in one for ranking at the top Michigan one

1 Like

I haven’t played greywalls so I can’t speak for that, but I would play arcadia south over forest dunes most of the time. There’s so many options there and it makes you think the whole time on every shot. Forest dunes is good but i feel it’s a little more boring compared to arcadia south.

1 Like

Haven’t played it but I feel like the Loop might be overrated for its unique design. I constantly hear people prefer forest dunes over the loop.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put Arcadia South that high, especially not in front of FD

2 Likes

Playing Bluffs and South this weekend and then the Loop and Forest Dunes next weekend. Only played the Bluffs of those, so excited to see how they stack up.

1 Like

Now that’s a back-to-back golf weekend, damn

1 Like

I played the Loop both ways last year as well as Forest Dunes and I would probably play the Loop 7 or 8 rounds out of 10 between the two. Just my opinion. But I strongly suggest making the trip as they are both great courses in their own way.

5 Likes

Followed by Maxamania the weekend after. Got a kid coming at the end of June so there’s a limited window for these things (and an understanding pregnant wife).

2 Likes