Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

I talked to that guy a few years ago. I’m not sure he can pull something like this off.

3 Likes

Big week! First we get Doak resurrecting High Pointe, then it’s a new DeVries in DeTroit… LFG!

4 Likes

I have a hard time thinking he can make it work now if he couldn’t make it work pre Covid

1 Like

I sent the guy a DM on Twitter last night telling him I was interested in covering the process of it happening. Haven’t heard back yet

2 Likes

The site they were looking at before was pretty far north in Oakland county, up by Holly or Davisburg I think. Only nominally “metro Detroit”. To far from me to think about a membership.

1 Like

Yeah I spoke to him too, I think he said somewhere near shepherd’s hollow if I’m remembering correctly.

There’s a lot of good land up that way. I would imagine the new proposed location is similar.

Fingers crossed

Do we have a time/location for Saturday?

1 Like

https://join.slack.com/t/freshcoastflock/shared_invite/zt-1jtoqqzx3-Pum2vrBPKXXFbmXaekSb1Q

Jump in the slack channel for all things Roost/MI golf tee times and all the other BS that comes with it.

3 Likes

Hello to all my fellow Michiganders, especially those on the West side. I got pretty deep into the NLU YouTube channel following the birth of my first child about a year ago. My first exposure was Tourist Sauce Michigan. I thought they did a great showcasing the amazing golf our state has to offer despite our truncated season. I play weekly in a summer league at The Meadows at GVSU and get a fall trip in with my college friends most years. Hoping to get some sim golf in this off-season so maybe I’ll run into some of you there!

12 Likes

Welcome! I’m also a West Sider, live in Walker.

1 Like

Welcome! I frequently play the meadows, make sure to join the slack if you haven’t already, that’s where people asking about tee times and simulator time will likely be posting.

1 Like

slack for those that want to jump in here …

https://join.slack.com/t/freshcoastflock/shared_invite/zt-1ldhdedgh-jjt~WD0rNqdQErUo1Dm_mw

1 Like

So it’s quickly dead again?

https://twitter.com/DevriesGolfDet/status/1604478725759827970?s=20&t=RZepIT-8EvxKaQbLozCFFg

Long time lurker from the South Lyon area who would love to play in a few events this year. Sad to see this Devries news, but agree the odds of pulling it off seemed high. I talked with them a few weeks ago. They were eyeing a site near Brighton, but wouldn’t say where specifically. It sounded interesting. They wanted a very competitively priced offering and shared some details that appealed to me.

7 Likes

Still have merch available? These links might be dead :man_shrugging:t2:

That was in April and was run by NLU.

I have winter hats on the way, and Jono might have some tees and patches left.

1 Like

You guys made me put The Tussle in stone, none of this “penciled in” crap.

See you this summer!

3 Likes

Sorry, haven’t checked the refuge in awhile so I know this probably isn’t much good now.

Howeva, I am a Lansing resident of 2 years and would agree with what was said, Eagle Eye is the supreme course of the land, but you’ll have to pay for it. My recommendation is always the 12 hole course, Woodside. The holes are all great & you can walk it for $15 during the week. It’s my go to after work and then I drive all over on the weekends as Lansing’s central location is very convenient. Unlimited good golf within 90 minutes in any direction!

4 Likes