Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

The monthly quota game would be perfect for this ….

2 Likes

In as well.

1 Like

If you wanna do screen golf sign up and get it poppin. I have dates in here but those are just dates to have the rounds done by or they can be the dates we play. Open to whatever.

4 Likes

This sounds fun! I’m moving to Michigan within the next month or so (we have an accepted offer on a house and just waiting for close now) so hopefully I can get more involved in the Roost activities this season

6 Likes

Woot woot! Excited to have you, David! Plenty going on for you to jump into in the warm months as well.

1 Like

As a noob to these events, what is the E/W divide?

2 Likes

East side of Michigan Vs. West side of Michigan!

1 Like

There hasn’t been a definitive dividing line for east and west sides of the state. Mid-state folks have gone both directions and historically we have seen more people from metro Detroit. The east WhatsApp has 2x as many people as the west at this point.

2 Likes

but the west side has better and more accessible golf :wink:
(Thanks Mr. DeVries!)

edit no rivalry here, as long as we all agree both sides are better than SCGC

9 Likes

I’d even say the public golf in the EL area is better than it is in metro Detroit.

Maximania open to people from other roosts? Thinking of trying to come down from Toronto. Put it in my calendar for now.

4 Likes

100000% yes

2 Likes

Yeah, plenty of folks have traveled in the last 2 years to attend.

But someone still needs to take the reigns for putting it together this year, all the details are still TBD.

2 Likes

I’ll be workin on that end of things. Everyone else just needs to try and get some people to attend. If we want the course to ourselves we gotta do some recruiting haha

6 Likes

Will definitely drive up from Ohio for this if it’s a weekend I have free (so basically not in its previous May place, most likely). Everyone talks about how great of an event it is, and I want to try to play some rounds up north next year anyway.

4 Likes

Figured there was something “scheduled” through the flock. Cheers man. Happy to be the organizer of one or two in the winter

2 Likes

Well I pencilled it into my calendar. Could pair nicely with a round at UofM the day before. So I am definitely going to try and make it work

3 Likes

Bring as many ducks with you as you can!!

Edit: the pre max round at UofM is always a staple.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/DevriesGolfDet/status/1595042752596787205?s=20&t=ptWfkx0RsKidMLGBBULWuw

DeVries news?

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in – Michael Corleone”
– Mike Devries

8 Likes

Oh hell yeah

1 Like