Roll Call - Metro NYC

I live right across the street from Rock Spring golf course so if you’re looking for somebody to play there with, just hit me up. I can grab you from the train station too if you’re coming from the city.

Or if you’re coming from the city and don’t want to play with me you can get a train to Mountain station on NJ transit and walk about a mile to this point here Google Maps. It’s a quiet walk through a neighborhood and theres a gate onto the course and its not far from the club house. Much easier than going out to the highway. However be warned, the walk from the train station to Rock Spring is very much uphill.

4 Likes

@brianb will definitely take you up on that offer once it gets a little warmer. I live in the city and it looks like Door to Mountain Station is only about an hour for me. Haven’t played Rock Spring yet either.

I am in too! Would be coming from the city also

Hell yea @MisterStinky @tuckedpin! Rock Spring is a pretty great track. It was private for like 90 years, now it’s technically a muni and managed by Kemper Sports. Which is a perfect match I think because Kemper know’s what they’re doing to keep the course in good shape and make money while the township benefits from keeping open a historic golf course.

It’s no longer in private course shape all the time, they have too many rounds, not enough funding to cut back all the trees etc, but the bones are still there and the Raynor design shines through for a really fun round.

I really want to get a group together to play Rock Spring in the AM then head over to Upper Montclair for the Cognizant Founders Cup LPGA event in May! (the 12th through 15th!)

6 Likes

Rock Spring has sort of become the spiritual home of the RACDG NY Metro group. Get involved!!

In for that

Whats up gang,

This is my first post as a member of the nlu (this forum layout is toughhhh btw)…Just played 9 holes at mosholu in the bx on Wednesday, shot a 47! First time going this season, I’m not a good golfer by any stretch but I love the game and am just getting into it. This was my first time playing as a single, I was anxious as shit the first 2 holes. All in all I had an amazing day and can’t wait to get out again.

6 Likes

Sometimes that single golf life can be pretty fun. I’ve played with some great people and some real weird walks of life out there! Once this weather warms up i’m sure you’ll have plenty of people willing to play !!

1 Like

Rock Spring sounds fun, I’d definitely be down driving over or taking the train from Northport.

Hey I’m Hunter. Just moved to White Plains from Western Mass. Greenfield, Mass specifically. Have read through a little to see you have a group chat would love to join.
Otherwise what’s the best courses to play in the area?

1 Like

DM incoming

I don’t know if we need anymore Rangers fans in the chat !!

1 Like

I’m not a diehard fan. My grandfather was a diehard fan and I was 4 at the time they won the cup so I support them. Was good time when I was younger

PSA

I don’t know a lot about fittings but is TXG a legit fitter, and why is the Toronto team coming to NYC?

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not and that bothers me

Hello, first time poster here.
Pardon me in advance if this is not the right place for this question.

Does anyone have any recommendations/information/ideas/thoughts about watching golf in bars in Manhattan or NYC in general? There are a few good Irish bars I know of that will typically have tournaments on on weekends, but it’s iffy on whether they have the sound on or not and sometimes its too much of an ask to ask them to crank it up to the point that I can hear jim nantz whispering.

Do any of you have a preferred bar in the city for watching golf at, or alternatively: is there place that historically people gather at to watch majors?

Curious to hear people’s responses to this, and if it leads me to someone I can post up friday afternoon, then even better.

Thank you.

New member here folks! living in Jersey City and I play all over Monmouth County and central/northern jersey. always looking to play with some avid golfers. excited to get to know the community and #getinvolved !!

3 Likes

@HibernatingBear