Roll Call: Massachusetts

As a member at Winthrop, Iā€™ve never heard of this rule nor have I seen any person on the course follow such rule, if it exists.

2 Likes

Ah ok. I went to a wedding at Wequassett a few years ago and itā€™s incredible. Itā€™s worth staying there on its own. The brideā€™s family are members at Wannamoissett and they had the wedding at Wequassett instead.

I used to work at National so Iā€™m a little biased, but having the chance to play CCN and staying at the resort if you can swing it $ is totally worth it. I feel like the course doesnā€™t get enough credit for how good it is.

1 Like

The service and conditions at CCN when I was there were absolutely incredible. I wish I hadnā€™t shot 91, but the course is definitely a gem!

Wequassett is (generally) very expensive but very high end. Youā€™ll have a great stay there. I only played CCN once, but really liked it. Brian Silva design. Reminds me of Waverly Oaks in Plymouth, with better holes overall, but more walkable.

CCN usually shows up on the NES tour and TGB tours if you really want to play it but donā€™t want to pay to stay at Wequassett. Or book in the off-seasonā€¦

Wequassett is a legit 5 star resort and I absolutely loved CCN. Greens were impeccable and rolling like lightning. Worth it, IMO.

1 Like

Hey guys! I am moving up to Boston just next week. I would love to get in some golf if anybody is interested in adding to their rotation. I am a 2 handicap and am looking to play just about anywhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have one spot open at Black Swan in Georgetown Saturday June 5 at 1:03 pm if anyone wants to join? Playing with a couple of former refugees.

Taking a camping trip out to Western MA the last weekend of June to play a few courses. Any recommendations?

Was trying to play Taconic but there is a tournament that Friday and Saturday. Sunday is not open to unaccompanied members until after 1pm. Are there any members playing the morning of June 27 and looking for two more?

Massachusetts/New England, I regret not posting this sooner but would love to get a good crowd from MA/RI/NH/ME involved at one of the best public golf courses in the region. We have a bunch of NY/CT guys involved and would love to maybe get a friendly rivalry going at this event!! To sign up see post 5

4 Likes

Happy to have you out at the Orchards if you canā€™t find a Taconic hookup. Otherwise, would recommend Crumpin Fox, Waubeeka, or the Ranch. Westoverā€™s not a bad place to play either if youā€™re free from non-Berkshires golf

1 Like

Also for anyone interested, weā€™ve got a vibrant tee time chat group. DM for details on joining

2 Likes

Berkshire hills has unaccompanied as well but id expect same price as Taconic.

Or just DM me your email address

2 Likes

Just played Gannon and it is as good as Iā€™ve ever seen it, first time out this year and had a great round. Not one bump or anything on the greens fairways are great as well. Ended up talking to the super who was bombing around watering with a great dog btw) he said itā€™s a few weeks away from being the best itā€™s ever been when. For 42 bucks it doesnā€™t get much better than that.

3 Likes

Anyone know what Granite Links is like weekday twilight? Is it super slow?

2 spots just opened up. 36 hole event happening this Saturday (6/19) at Captains in Brewster, MA. We booked a block of tee times from 10 am through 3pm for both courses. $150 entry. Tee gifts, stableford format, Tom Coyne will be playing 18 and then signing some books. Put your name on the spreadsheet in the open slot and then DM me for further details.

3 Likes

Fellow Refugees,

I am making the drive from Philadelphia to Boston in a few weeks and am looking for a great public track to play somewhere along the drive there. Wanted to play Pinehills in Plymouth, MA but it would appear public tee times on a Friday are hard to come by. I also am considering stopping off in Connecticut to play Shennecosset. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

2 Likes

Could try Granite Links or George Wright in Boston. Granite is overrated IMO but some cool views of the city. GW was just named one of the best Muniā€™s in the country. There is also Red Tail which is supposed to be great, havenā€™t been yet. It is a little out of the way but then again so is Pinehills. Iā€™d just call Pinehills up and ask especially if that is your number one choice.