Roll Call: Massachusetts

Got in a final round yesterday at Cape Ann. Overall, not a terrible round, but got to play with some Refuge members (shoutout @filly and @OpenFace), so that was great!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying final round for about a month. So watch those words. My wife is calling me a liar now.

3 Likes

Good times! Nice re-meeting you out on the course Matt

2 Likes

Same to you dude!

I donā€™t know that it is over in MA but my course closed the greens on Monday. If the cape doesnā€™t get too much snow and it warms up again there may be another round out there.

I hate the kind of storm we are expecting. I like it when it is rain down here and dumps snow up north. This looks like snow to the south and not much activity to the north.

1 Like

A couple of the courses in Plymouth are closed for the year now, but others will open any day when thereā€™s no snow on the ground. Hoping to get a couple more in.

Its far, but Captains course in brewster seems to always be open.

If there is no snow on the ground you can usually get out on the Captains. Another option which is actually closer is Montaup in RI although with Covid that may not be an option.

Santa Clause is looking to get slothfulh00d a club fitting. Does Kohr sell clubs or do they fit you for a set and then you go buy them elsewhere?

Not sure about how things work at Kohr, but I had a great experience getting fitted at the Bedford Club Champion.

Kohr sells clubs as well, full service Cool Clubs location.

Bumping this as we draw closer to the The Refuge going behind a paywall.

If you enjoy this thread ā€” and, among other things, debates about the 17th at Butter Brook, pictures of dogs, and Cape Cod Pizza ā€” then you should join the WhatsApp group that @chef23 mentions above.

In all seriousness, itā€™s a great resource and a fun (and growing) group of New England golfers. You can always get a game.

Hereā€™s the link to join:

Merry holidays, everyone.

9 Likes

I have been fitted by Cool Clubs at KOHR. The fitter there Glen does an excellent job. He is very knowledgeable, not pushy at all and is really just interested in getting you a good fit. I bought clubs from him and definitely will do it again.

Signā€™d. I joined this group a week ago and it has already been really great.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Former member at Plymouth CC and will be opting for the GW/FP seasons pass now that Iā€™ve aged out of the associate membership. Looks like a few of you play GW/FP often. Looking forward to getting out there this upcoming spring.

Saw this has been covered one-off a few times but not sure weā€™ve had a full discussionā€¦ can we work on a list of MA courses open year-round?

1 Like

Newton Comm
South Shore CC
Sandy Burr, I think
Cape Ann
(George Wright?)
Plymouth and points south

2 Likes

Green Harbor in Marshfield and North Hill in Duxbury (9 holes)

1 Like

Olde Scotland tends to be open all year as well

1 Like

Falmouth CC