Roll Call: Massachusetts

I would be interested in one, but the ones by me just have terrible hours for working parents. 6-8 PM for many of them on a weeknight is a tough ask.

Also, with COVID, 20 dudes crowded around a sim is not so cool this year, better if it is asynchronous like Robbie’s.

2 Likes

Pure Drive in Woburn is good for indoor stuff. I know they run some leagues and stuff out of there but I use it more to just stay loose and practice when its cold and snowy

2 Likes

We go big on the simulators in normal winters. Usually Fore in Westborough or Dr Greens in Ashland. It’s a great way to scratch the golf itch, have a few beers, and get some swings in. It’s obviously not the same as real golf but it doesn’t have to be in the dead of winter.

I will be abstaining this winter for COVID precautionary reasons unfortunately.

1 Like

I had a pretty regular late Friday night sim game at Wamesit, every other week or so in the winter. I will miss it this year.

1 Like

Souther’s Marsh in Plymouth has a new heated Top Tracer range that’s also open air, so better for COVID concerns. And you’re hitting out to actual range rather than into a screen, which I like a lot better.

3 Likes

IGolf in Pembroke is pretty cool. They have I think 6 hitting bays using HD Golf

Yeah I like that place too. She just moved it to a new spot next to the ski shop right off exit 12. Haven’t been there yet but I think it’s supposed to be a bigger space.

McGolf in Dedham also has some heated bays with Toptracer capability.

1 Like

They have two sim bays too but I have found them to not be the most accurate for numbers. If you wanted to play Sim round they solid though!

In case anyone in the neighborhood is looking for a golf bag:
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/silk-road-2-0-master-of-gnomes/33537/1934?u=tk2575

Following up on some of the simulator chat from a few days ago: I’ve been thinking about joining a simulator league somewhere in the MetroWest area, but most of them are two- and three-person team leagues. Just wondering if there’s anyone on here that might be interested in joining me and staying loose over the winter?

If anyone’s like me they are on their [redacted] beer and semi sad-watching the Patriots. As I will be rescinding my refuge privileges come january, just wanted to toss out a last plug for Boston golf and social, which is basically just a very loosely organized thing where I call up a course and get a bunch of tee times and we go play a fun event. Find us on the gram.

Also, just want to say that the refuge is a wonderful place, and almost everyone I’ve seen/interacted with here seems like a great person to play golf and have a drink with. Might hop back in in the coming years, and will always be available on social media (I don’t believe in anonymity so I should be relatively easy to find). If anyone wants to say hi and/or play some golf, give me a shout

7 Likes

I’m sure you know but these threads will still be around this side of the wall. So I hope you drop in occasionally.

1 Like

I put my name on your mailing list!

1 Like

why are you leaving the refuge?

I don’t have $90 to spare these days

Who’s the degenerate to whom I must offer tribute to join the New England chapter of the RACDG? Hoping there’s an email thread or discord server I can join as I too won’t be on the refuge or social media very much as of the new year.

If you are not on it there is a WhatsApp group for New England golfers that is pretty active. I don’t know who administers it but it seems like a group.

Good looks. How can I join?

Combination of a lot of things that boils down to the two biggest ones - money and time!