Roll Call: Massachusetts

Great event. For those who don’t know you should know about https://www.bostongolfandsocial.com/. These outings are a lot of fun and will be even better when we will be able to share beers afterward.

1 Like

Also @FringeLife is a great golf photographer. Check out how sweet I look.

5 Likes

So hypothetically speaking, if someone were to revive a “dead” course, what would you look for in the new course? Would you want the old course revived? A new routing? Different tees?

Had a great weekend at TCC and then OS. Nice way to end out the season. Pics below are from TCC. Lots of fun.

9 Likes

TCC an OS in the same weekend sounds like a great couple of days. I did yard work on Saturday and got out on Sunday morning. It was cool and windy by the water but a lot of fun.

1 Like

9 Likes

Ha! All the pieces fell into place.

Checked my mailbox and found nothing so just guessing the invite got lost in the mail.

1 Like

Anyone in the Boston area looking to play a quick 9 Friday morning? @samfield and I have room for two at Fresh Pond in Cambridge. One spot at 8:40 and one spot at 8:50. Should be a relatively warm morning.

1 Like

Anybody played Shining Rock in Northbridge? They have some open tee times on Sunday and trying to decide if it’s worth playing.

1 Like

The consensus is that some like how short and weird it is and some dislike it because it is short and weird.

1 Like

Worth playing, especially under the “it’s golf after thanksgiving in Mass” idea.

There will be some holes that you hate, some you love and some that are just laughably dumb, but it’s better than not golfing.

1 Like

Agreed completely

2 Likes

Cross Posting this to the daily deals and Roll Call RI threads:

To any New England guise looking to play some killer courses next year, registration for the New England Series is $99 today which is $35 off. Use code NES21. Flyer here
Great opportunity to play some really exclusive tracks in the upcoming year.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this - perhaps my quick research might save a few guise a couple of minutes if you’re debating pulling the trigger.

According to last year’s schedule, (nearly) all events were on Mondays or Tuesdays. Outing prices typically ranged between $120-200+, though there were notes in the FAQ about frequent prizes, optional skins games, etc. Dates were from June through October, at least once per week. Did allow guests too, which costs an extra $50 per guest on top of their separate event price. Looks like you weren’t necessarily guaranteed to play with guest(s) you brought, though there were instructions on how to request that.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone else in Mass. has been to this store in Hingham, but it’s a cool spot and the couple who run it are super nice. They design all their own gear, which is definitely on the high end of the price range, but it’s worth checking out.

3 Likes

Allow me to evangelize strongly on behalf of Dan and Tessa who run Solo. They are both 30 (like me) and live in Scituate (like I did growing up) so I’m supremely biased. HOWEVA - they are truly great people, they make some kickass stuff, they sincerely care about the game (Dan’s a member at Scituate CC, a sweet little 9-holer), and the store has a golf simulator in it that you can take hacks at for free. What’s not to love?? They also run a simulator league that I will be participating in through the winter (my partner and I won the first session NBD).

TLDR Solo is sweet and you should check it out.

5 Likes

What he said :point_up_2:

This will be my first full winter here in awhile - in a non-COVID world, are simulator leagues and facilities popular among you guise? I was assuming I would just take a few months off, partially because my limited experience with simulators just don’t have the same thrill (particularly in the short game), but maybe the collective experience here might change my outlook?

Never done one before, just doing this one because it’s 5 min from me and I like the shop. But it’s fun! Definitely a good way to stay loose, although if you’re looking for legit indoor/heated practice facilities there are better places. Harmon in Rockland is an option, and I’m sure there are more that other people know about