Roll Call: Massachusetts

In retrospect I should have signed up for this.

Still time! We didnt end up getting out due to the snow and thinking of pushing it to this weekend

Yes you’re in luck! Trying to figure out which day works best for everyone. Feel free to add yourself to the sheet.

Fitting at Spargo Golf anyone?

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/spargo-fitting/39473?u=tedscott

John Pannone, owner at Spargo, is the best in the business. Worked with Spargo for years and have never been disappointed.

Fun day at GreatHorse. Think I found 90% of the traps.

5 Likes

Dying to get out there. Need to find a way to finalge my way there

1 Like

Sounds like masks must be worn while playing in the Bay State now?

1 Like

Yeah, just got back from Pine Meadows in Lexington. Required masks be worn for the whole round. Picked a great time to play with my glasses on for the first time :unamused:
Still haven’t figured out how to properly wear a mask and be able to see with the spectacles :nerd_face:

Tough scene. Played some nice fall golf in RI at Cranston CC yesterday. Course in great shape. No masks needed

Ace of Clubs in Saugus

I’ll echo the recommendation for Ace of Clubs. You’ll walk out of there feeling you were properly fitted and NOT just sold a bill of goods to up his profit. When we were finished, he gave me two options - the better one was like $2K+ for irons, the other was literally a stock set-up for $800. He’s explained the numbers are slightly better on the $2K setup, but not enough for a 12 index to make that much of a difference and steered me towards the $800 setup.

My only criticism is that they don’t carry ALL of the brands that I’d like to hit. On the big OEM side, for instance, he’s missing Ping and Titleist

Damn… what a view

1 Like

Anyone get out this weekend?

9 Likes

Link is broken

Love that course. The new Top Tracer range is a great time, too.

1 Like

Got out for nine on Saturday at the only course we could find available (a rare hat tip to GolfNow): Maynard GC. Pleasantly surprised and had a good time, would play again.

Highlight was this sign on the 7 tee, found ourselves giggling at this to finish the round. Clearly the locals don’t think much of golfers.

2 Likes

I hit Souther’s Marsh too but on Sunday - was a raw morning but a great time. Such a hidden gem. Tons of people sleep on it because it’s not a full par 70.

2 Likes

Walked 18 at Cold Spring Country Club in Belchertown. A friend of mine picked it kind of at random and I was very impressed. Course was in good shape and on a nice piece of property. Would absolutely play there again, most likely with a cart though.

1 Like