Roll Call: Massachusetts

Hate that I somehow have meetings all Friday morning still - those are going away for the summer, but would love to get out today. Taking solace in the huge wind gusts around here at least.

2 Likes

Anyone played in the event in Truro before? Anyone planning to play this year? Just saw it is June 10th at Highland Golf Links.

Just curious. Thanks!

I played Highland 10-15 years ago and loved it. I’ll have to see if that date can work for me, I’d love to go back.

I think its the first time they’ve done this type of event, but im definitely planning on going

OK great. I’ll put it on the calendar.

yeah, first time event. Collab with the Fliers Club. I guess 1/2 spots for TFC and 1/2 spots for Nest. Place is sick, if the wind is blowing, holy shit it is challenging!

3 Likes

What exactly is the fliers club?

Online club that organizes golf events nationally and internationally. They also sell merch and they collab with some outstanding vendors and companies. You can check them out on IG. @thefliersclub Be careful, the online golf world is quite the rabbit hole. :rabbit2: No pun intended.

1 Like

Little Whale Boat - Lunch is great but LWB is so good

Illinoisan dropping in. A few years ago this thread gave me Picco and Mike & Patty’s as very solid food recs. I am now returning to Boston with the fellas, and I trust no one more than this thread for watering hole recommendations. Looking for sport bars and taverns. Staying near Boston Common and will be going to a few games at Fenway.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Fenway: Cask and Flaggon & Game On. Both right at the park on the Kenmore Sq side.

Boston Common: sports bars are not plentiful in that area. The Yard House in the Copley Mall is not far away and has a good viewing experience. Bars and restaurants absolutely everywhere around that area. Let me know what you guys are thinking for food and how many.

2 Likes

I’d also suggest the Bleacher Bar in Fenway. Cool day drinking spot.

3 Likes

Always forget about that place because it didn’t exist during my prime day drinking years. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Will be six of us going in early May to see the Cardinals/Sox. Also should be NBA and NHL playoffs so might go to a bar to watch the Celtics / Bs

We’re all in our mid 20s so fine dining would be lost on us and probably out of the budget. Anything mid-price would do. We’ll be doing a bit of historical site seeing during the days, but hopefully not get funneled into a tourist trap. Already did Cheers bar, Quincy Market, and ‘Good Will Hunting bench’ on my last trip so some authentic BAHHston (sorry) spots would be ideal this time. Definitely will be needing a late night drunk food option at least once

1 Like

Bleacher bar was VERY cool last time and will definitely be returning. I’m bringing some baseball fanatics this time.

Selfishly, I’m always in search of a city’s best pizza and/or chicken wings

3 Likes

Pizzeria Regina Thatcher Street North End

4 Likes

Dillons will be on your way to Fenway if walking. Bills bar or lansdowne.

Sidebar in Boston common area, 21st amendment up by state house, beantown pub.

3 Likes

Best late night is Bovas in north end

5 Likes

We stink at wings so you’ll need to go out to newton for that at Buffs.

Cheap beers and Boston true is coogans. dollar beers and that taste like dollar beers but you won’t meet a tourist

4 Likes

Love the sound of that!