Roll Call: Massachusetts

Sandy Burr is open from what I hear if you’re in the metrowest.

Allendale gc in north Dartmouth is open year round …

Man None of these courses bar Sandy Burr are close to me in Cambridge

I’m sure good old newton comm is probably open Friday man! Lol

1 Like

I would rather be run over by a golf cart than play there again

2 Likes

Swings are swings in Feb in MA. Check Unicorn in Stoneham, I think they are open all year.

4 Likes

I know i know but like our friend just mentioned swings are swings in Feb.

Unicorn is definitely open all year. I used to work in that office park next door and played there a lot.

1 Like

Unicorn Golf Course was originally built in 1928 by the Boston Athletic Association as a premiere 18 hole private golf course. The course was designed by the renowned architectural firm of Stiles and Van Kleek, which covered portions from both the towns of Stoneham and Woburn. The town of Stoneham purchased the property in 1972 within Stoneham and redesigned the course to play as a premiere nine hole course now known as Unicorn Golf Course.

Another course on a long list of courses that have been lost or partially lost over time.

2 Likes

But the 10th tee box wedged between the pro shop and parking lot is sooooo pure :joy:

1 Like

Looks like Weathervane in South Weymouth is open for walkers. Temporary greens but better than nothing if it is close to you.

Used to play Unicorn all the time when I worked out in the Burlington area. Nothing to write home about, but it got the job done, especially from a price point. Pretty sure new a management company took it over 3-4 years ago and the conditioning seemed to improve. I wonder where the other 9 holes used to be - I know there’s also the par 3 course Stoneham Oaks and Unicorn Office Park adjacent, so maybe there?

I haven’t gotten out there in a while, but “The Corn” definitely holds a soft spot in my heart

1 Like

Walked Olde Scotland Links this morning after my schedule unexpectedly cleared. Course is in amazing shape for February and only 1 temp green. Can’t beat $30 to walk, either.

3 Likes

@ThatDuffGuyPat you find a game for today? Because I’m starting to get that itch as well.

nope, was a late night last night so I’m taking it easy today

I just walked outside and immediately started looking at Golf Now.

2 Likes

Played Cape Ann in Essex last Sunday. Some wet spots in some fairways but overall in great shape for February!

1 Like

I’m gonna give brookside on cape a run with some friends today. Will report back after.

4 Likes

Just saw my next door neighbor loading up his clubs to play Crosswinds. Very jealous.

4 Likes

My neighbors CC plays the course backwards on days like this during the “winter”. They tee off next to the greens and use the tee boxes as greens. He. . . .Is playing as we speak.

2 Likes