Roll Call: Massachusetts

First time I’ve been on the course; I thought it was a nice layout, greens rolled true, good shots were rewarded. My friend had a few funny bounces, ironically one of the same ones that Matt P had on 17 and he ended up with a triple. We had the Monday PM/Tuesday AM schedule so we had to contend with the weather so it wasn’t a fair judge of conditions.

2 Likes

Question about the New England series for anyone that’s a member. Can you register for 1 day tournaments if you aren’t a member? Saw this option for one of the outings and am curious what the policy is.

Spoke to someone at NES. All good.

This is a last minute post, but I’m going home to see my family the next couple days and am wondering if there’s anyone in the Springfield area who’s up to play Tuesday morning? I know it’s unlikely but I figured I’d ask!

1 Like

Have a tee time at The Ranch at 1050 if that’s early enough?

Sheeeeeeeeit. That’s awesome. But I need to be at my parents’ in Wilbraham by 1 and that’s just too right I’m afraid. Thanks so much for the offer man. I’ve never played the Ranch but it definitely looks sick. Have a great day, looks like perfect weather!

1 Like

Ah damn! I’d play earlier but I’m driving from Albany and it’s a match play bracket round

No worries! Good luck! Have fun!

How’d it go? I’m headed there tomorrow for the first time. I’m excited to see it!

1 Like

It was a lot of fun and the conditions were solid! Teed off at 2:40 and with the pace of play we only got 16 holes in until the ranger flagged us to bring the carts in. Holes 12-14 were my favorite. Will definitely be trying to get back soon for a full 18.

1 Like

Hey Everyone, found NLU within the last few months and found the refuge soon after. Been playing for just about 2 years and I’m up in Cambridge so if anyone wants to get out and play this fall and beyond let me know!

3 Likes

@TheMassHacker can get you set up with the local Roost, the Boston Tee Party.

2 Likes

Hello guis, 2 questions:

1. After a decade with my Burner 2.0s, their time has finally come - in need of a trusted fitter to get fit for a new set of irons and wedges - anyone have a gui/local shop in Boston/Greater Boston area they recommend?
  2. Anyone have a particular ski shop they prefer in the Boston / Greater Boston area that does season long rentals? Did it last year from a spot in RI, would prefer to not go that far again (Could also potentially consider something in NH as may be doing a leaf trip in next week or 2 but that’s still TBD)

Anyone recently played Pembroke CC?

on 1 I can recommend Glen @ Cool Clubs @ Kohr in Natick. He has a new guy working with him named Ian who is also good. Very knowledgeable, low pressure experience. Spargo in RI is the other one that often gets mentioned - especially for wedges.

2 Likes

Sun and Ski in Woburn probably does

1 Like

A little outside boston area but I can’t recommend kustom clubs in Manchester, Nh enough. Ive been fit probably 4 or 5 x total by either a pro at the local muni or by a store like “golf n ski” at their callaway performance center and those fittings don’t remotely compare to just how good these apex irons that were Retrofitted by kustom clubs have been for me. About an hour north of boston just off 93.

2 Likes

Seconded. Really enjoyed my time with both of them. Glen is harder to book an appt with.

2 Likes

Thank you all - much appreciated!

Does anyone in the area have preferred driving ranges north of Boston (I’m located in Medford). Also, are there any golf domes/indoor ranges in the area? Google searches haven’t revealed anything, looks like it’s mainly sims, but not sure if I’m just missing them. Thanks!

1 Like