Roll Call: Massachusetts

I liken it to a skate park. you can do so many different things to end up in the same spot. While also hitting the same spot and having different results. I love that course so much.

1 Like

We are looking for one more player for our 16v16 Ryder Cup event this Friday Sep 16 at Crosswinds in Plymouth. It is a North v South match (north of the pike v south of the pike). 9 am start, 27 holes. First 9 is team four ball, 2nd nine is modified alt shot and 3rd nine is singles matches. Cost is $250, which includes H&B Team polo, 19th hole food, golf and grab&go lunch. It is a NET event so you will need a GHIN handicap.

Let me know if you want in.

FYI, last spot has been filled. If you are still interested, let me know and if someone backs out you can get in.

Where my Boston people at?

I’ll be up there on the 24th and 25th of September. My wife has an all day class on that Sunday so I’ll be kicking it solo and was thinking about bringing my clubs and finding a game. Would be fun to connect with some refuge/nesters if possible and playing somewhere in the city. We’re staying Saturday and Sunday night at the Omni in Seaport.

Graduated from college last year and just moved to Boston always looking for people to play with. Course recommendations appreciated as well.

I play in Thursday Night Men’s League at Cyprian, can confirm it is hard for the sake of being hard. But very well kept. Lots of doglegs, forced carries over environmentally sensitive areas. “Real Tight Piece of Property”. Playing it once a week has certainly made me a better golfer.

I have always enjoyed the Stow Acres North Course.
Gardner is one of my favorite munis in Central MA.
Butternut Farm similar to Cyprian being very tight and not overly long. Also typically very well kept.

Can second someone else who said Wachusett CC, nice Donald Ross design and some of the best conditions for a public course in Central They have a decent range. They book tee times 10 days in advance and they go quick so if you are looking for primetime plan on staying up til 12am at that 10 day mark.

DBD2 - I believe highland is fantastic. One of my fave 9 holers.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks. I think Ill give stow north a shot since it’s so close. Wachusett is aerating on Tuesday I think so I missed my shot this trip. George and Frank munis were as good as advertised. Great pub at GW.

2 Likes

George Wright and Franklin Park are the two better publics in the area - tough weekend tee times though. Fresh Pond is supposed to be a fun nine holer and there’s many who like Putterham as well - although it’s not on the same tier as the others but does have a good range and great chicken sandwiches.

Others likely have much better recommendations further outside the city too.

Would recommend looking into the Boston Roost as well. Decent path to getting out there with some other people.

1 Like

Thanks! Would definitely be interested in joining the Roost.

Welcome!

Shoot me a DM with your name, hometown and email and I will get you added to the BTP Roost section of the Refuge.

wait how do i find that section?

If you go to the main Refuge page under Community Center we have our own group. Click on that and you’ll see the BTP-only threads.

As an aside, I think I added everyone as the joined but if anyone can’t access those let me know and I will get you added.

Uh oh, guess that means we’re craigles(s).

To be fair, I am mostly moustache.

You are listed as a member, so try it again and let me know if it keeps not working.

Found it. Thank you

1 Like

Getting out to George Wright this Saturday… anyone played there recently?

I don’t know if anyone follows the local golf scene, but really tough finish for Parziale in the Mid-Am yesterday: Fitzpatrick Rallies Back To Win 39th Mass Mid-Amateur Championship - MASSGOLF

I caddied for a friend on Monday/Tuesday, tough course.

1 Like

Would love your thoughts on it if you could, purely out of curiosity. We were really disappointed with the course conditions (especially the fairways) the last month or two leading up to it.

Signed - An MCC member.