Roll Call: Massachusetts

Best options unfortunately are probably Richardsons/paradise. Quick once you get on the highway but not terribly close.

Stone Meadow might also be an option depending on how west you are in Medford - though I prefer the other two

Paradise has an indoor league in the winter I did last year, other option is The Clubhouse (both on 114)

Paradise the better option of those two imo with the track man setup

Thank you! Interesting that those are all so close together! Mainly just looking for a place to hit balls once the weather turns for good, but I donā€™t really like hitting into the screens - so good to see they have some heated spots.

Paradise has a heated bay with a garage door that still operates the Trackman - $40/hr last year not sure if theyā€™re going to go up

McGolf in Dedham is also heated bays with Trackman. I know not north but not far off 95.

1 Like

This is my go-to range, pretty much year-round.

1 Like

3 days late but yeah. I sneaked out very early a few times this year - they were the only course around that I knew of doing like 530AM tee times on the weekend. Definitely over priced imo but the early times made it worth it for me. The cart path only rule (and the fact they didnā€™t allow walking as far as I know) make it a bit of a slog even when the course is empty.

Not a huge fan of the architecture either. The designer loves the dogleg left over water where if you layup there is also trouble par 4s. Also that one par 3 that the green complex was definitely built backwards is a headscratcher.

I keep hearing they sold it to a developer and they are going to blow up 9 holes and build condos but who knows.

1 Like

All good! - playing tomorrow so this is helpful.

Played it last year early in the season and the greens were like cement. Any shot 150+ had no chance of stopping. Good thing itā€™s been raining for the last couple days. I donā€™t remember all the dog leg lefts you mentioned but Iā€™ll try to keep that out of my head as a lefty drawer :smile:

Anyways there werenā€™t too many tee times available this weekend and we donā€™t apologize for mid October golf in New England!

Itā€™s almost like he thought he found the holy grail of the perfect par 4 and then copypasted it 3 times:

Hereā€™s 5
PCC 5

Hereā€™s 8
PCC 8

Hereā€™s 9
PCC 9

Hereā€™s the weird backwards par 3. The green is sloped severely front to back so that itā€™s blind and unless you hit the ideal distance it will bounce off long. The bunker is pure death.
PCC 7

2 Likes

Wow thanks appreciate the detail! Has all the makings of a WFH Friday haha

1 Like

You forgot to mention the narrowest hole around - #10. Ooooof

2 Likes

Anyone heading to the Top Golf event at Fenway in a couple weeks? Iā€™m going on 11/9 with a few friends. Excited to hit some balls into the owners box.

Did it last year. Definitely a once and never again type deal. It was cool, but I think we each got to hit about 35 shots with a PW and a 9 iron. Take some pictures, have a couple beers, and donā€™t think about the cost per shot.

4 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s what I figured. Taking my son, so I figured it was a one time experience that heā€™d dig.

Anyone looking to play George Wright next Friday morning (10/28)? Iā€™ll be in town briefly from KC, and need to catch a flight out of BOS at 6:45 p.m. that evening.

I could be available, but wonā€™t know until it gets a little closer to that date.

1 Like

I could if itā€™s a morning time

1 Like

Grabbed the 8:00 a.m. tee time at George Wright on Friday the 28th for 4 players ā€” let me know if anyone wants to join! @arydolphin @Ajoseph22

1 Like

Iā€™m in

1 Like

Sorry, Iā€™m out, school dropoff is at 8 AM and we only have one car. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

About to go walk 18 at Widows Walk. How many balls am I losing to the woods and the leaves and why is it at least 20?