Roll Call: Massachusetts

Depending where you are,
Captains Starboard (Port is good too, Starboard is better) Cranberry Valley, Olde Barnstable, Dennis Pines, Bayberry Hills, Bass River, Highland Links (do the 18 hole loop), Cape Cod Country Club are good public options.

Cape golf is really good.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks I’ll look up all of these tomorrow. We’ll be in Chatham so should be relatively centrally located.

3 Likes

Damn!

EH would be the dream. Someday :joy: - I’m a member at Captains, the Starboard side is great.

2 Likes

Cape golf is very good. Cape golf in September is even better! Enjoy your trip

5 Likes

Chatham Seaside links is a very solid and fun 9 holer

3 Likes

Little Marion on your way there or back is always a good time.

3 Likes

Played Chatham seaside for the first team this past week. Can confirm, fun 9 holes. Not a fan of the worn down turf mat on 7 and 9 shared tee box though lol

2 Likes

To back up DBD (don’t get confused by my tag, this is not DBD’s burner account) if you have not played Highland Links, I would highly recommend. Is it a great golf course? Absolutely not. Will you go and play it every time you are up in the Cape cause it’s something special and different? Absolutely

4 Likes

Has anybody played The Ridge Club? I got selected for the Mass Golf Member Day Lottery. $90 with a cart.

1 Like

Somehow, I got lucky and have a round scheduled on Friday.

4 Likes

Enjoy it - it’s an absolute blast. Hopefully you’re playing with a member/someone who’s played there before? Lots of fun blind shots.

1 Like

Yeah luckily I’ll be with a member. Really looking forward to it

1 Like

Just let me know if you need a buddy…you know to test out those blind shots or something.

1 Like

EH was a great time. Really fun and tricky course. Blind shots, uneven lies, and random bounces everywhere. Couldn’t have asked for a better day or conditions.

14 Likes

You literally couldn’t have picked a better day to play there. What a treat.

3 Likes

Yeah was absolutely perfect. Especially compared to the weather from the last few days.

1 Like

that a back pin on 7? if so love it. plays so long and blind. first time out there. @JShaw hit his tee shots on 5,6,7 in the same 5 yard circle on 6.

4 Likes

I just loved that spot so much

4 Likes

Yeah back pin. That little stretch was chaos. I left my tee shot right and thought I was gonna kill the group on the 8th tee. One of the guys I was playing with hit the left side of the slope just left of the green and rolled all the way back into 6 fairway.

The lack of OB killed me though. 18 was into the wind, so I couldn’t get down to the bottom of the hill with my drive, leaving 220 in or so. Had a hanging lie in the fairway and let a 3w turn over a bit too much, it hit the green and bounced OB. No ability to drop meant I was out of the hole and we lost the hole & match. Crazy little course. I loved it.

1 Like