Roll Call: Massachusetts

Good question, Im not actually certain. I’ll ask but those might actually only be for the event day.

Ill get back to you on that.

Answer from my dad is that the Raffle tickets would not be worth while buying. Prizes are rounds at local muni’s (Hillview, Beverly golf and tennis, etc, Beer packages etc.) You could if you wanted to but just let me know what you do so I can flag that to him specifically for the raffle. Maybe put an NLU in your name if you do.

No worries (played Hillview this afternoon and probably going to ahow up in the morning)

Let me know if you need any last minute player fills though :joy:

Damn I wish I knew about this earlier. Old Sandwich, Myopia, TCC - those went for much less than I’d have expected. And for a good cause

1 Like

Local Punched Greens Statuses:

George Wright greens status?
Anybody play GW lately? I know they punched a week or two back.

Sandy Burr?
Trying to sneak a round tomorrow afternoon

Played GW with @mcriblet a couple weeks ago. Greens were punched but definitely playable. Should be even more so now, I would imagine. Might sneak out for a few at Sandy today, will update if I do.

1 Like

Southers Marsh is not punching their greens this year before they close, for anyone down here. Pretty much every other course in Plymouth will be aerating soonish.

1 Like

Playing southers marsh on Saturday … really nice course I try to play a couple time a year

Ok sorry for long post. Coming up for a few weeks after Labor day. Looking to play and practice a ton to get ready for KC. I am staying in Bolton. Was looking at Westminster, Gardener, Northern Spy, Cyprian Keyes, Stow Acres, and gotta check out the city of Boston courses too. Anything to stay away from? Anything I missed? Best practice facility? There used to be a little range by Solomon Pond mall but I think it closed.

Will be at the Cape this Sunday/Monday if anyone’s around. Can join me for a round at Captain’s or I can meet up pretty much anywhere

2 Likes

Missing you by 1 day, been here for 4 glorious weeks and heading back to NC tomorrow. Played the Starboard course yesterday afternoon, it’s in great shape

1 Like

I’ve never heard of any of those courses other than Stow Acres. Stay away from Stow Acres.

3 Likes

Cyprian is very tight. Northern Spy has an awesome logo but haven’t played the course.

1 Like

I’ve lived here my whole life and never heard of those courses except Stow and Cyprian. Don’t play Cyprian.

Wachusett CC is your best bet. They have a range too. The Solomon Pond one is still open somehow too.

1 Like

Stow Acres is fun. Haven’t played there lately so I’m not sure if it’s an option, but try to play 18 on the north course if you can. It’s the more interesting of the two courses, but they sold or are selling half of it to a developer to build on. Also worth checking out Butternut Farm next door, a similarly narrow challenge.

Apart from that, my only other note is that Cyprian has a reputation for being hard just for the sake of being hard, so not sure if that’s what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Northern Spy = Townsend Ridge. Went private a couple years ago. Just ok.

Lots of better courses in general area. I’m up in NH but butterbrook and sandy burr both way better. Red tail and shaker hills both on procier side but way better. Heard mixed reviews on redtail conditioning last couple years.

2 Likes

My father is member at Captains, they’ve been hitting home runs with their greens keepers the last 6-7 years. For the amount of play both courses get they are in remarkable shape.

2 Likes

I’m on the Cape Monday through Sunday.

Trying yo get in EH! but striking out on Thousand Greens. Anyone know how they feel about unaccompanied play this late in the season?

2 Likes

Dammit Dave!

1 Like

House members don’t even have access to the course until the 15th. Wouldn’t hold out too much hope, unfortunately.

1 Like