Roll Call: Massachusetts

Get the hot dog

2 Likes

Update: George Wright kicked my ass

2 Likes

Did the rain miss you? We finished, sat on the patio and the mini hurricane rolled through

Big fan. Little quirky but in a good way. Can confirm the new clubhouse setup is sweet.

Lipped out a 15-foot birdie putt on 18 for 79 today at Crosswinds. So mad, but also thrilled. Best round in years.

2 Likes

LETā€™S GO(phish)!!! Nice work. Which 9ā€™s did you play?

Jones and Zaharias. I hadnā€™t played Z in a couple years for whatever reason. That was a lot of fun.

Crosswinds gets a bit lost given how close it is to Waverly / Pine Hills, but I think it is a ton of fun.

On a side note (and Iā€™ve posted this before), everyone should look at the satellite view of that area. You have 99 holes of golf literally on the same piece of land split by route 3 (36 at Pinehills, 18 at OS, 18 at Waverly, and 27 at Crosswinds). And I think Waverly turned their extra 9 holes into real estate

1 Like

This is why I rarely leave Plymouth to play. I have to drive past 4 good courses to go play somewhere else.

1 Like

Plan for the post-Open renovation of TCCā€™s neighbor

1 Like

It has been a few years since I played Putterham, but would be awesome to have another strong muni so close to the city. Improving fairway conditions and drainage would go a long way, but the whole plan sounds great. Slide show with additional info here.

The Hemlock Grill also got a nice write up in the Globe a few weeks ago.

Is there a timetable for the project? I only skimmed through the slideshow.

Hey all - I am going to be visiting the in-laws on the Cape (they live in Osterville) from 6/26 to 7/9. I think I should be able to get in at least a few rounds while I am there. It will most likely just be myself and my FIL when I play so if anyone is around and wants to try to meet up for a round let me know!

Lots of spots available for our Roost event. Sat June 11 at Maplegate CC!! Come #getinvolved 2 spots up for grabs for the regional championship in Atlantic City.

1 Like

ā€œ5 year master plan, 6 year implementationā€ lets tee it up there in 2028 :joy:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t seem to be a lot of enthusiasm for the team format, so the BTP is switching up the scoring for our event at Maplegate CC on June 11th. We will now have 2 individual champions to add to the regional qualifier. All skill levels welcome. No need to be in the Roost to come out and play and meet some great people. Add your name to the sheet a couple posts up. Hope to see you there.

1 Like

Going to try and make this work. Can I request the earliest possible tee time?

Yup, no problem.

Hey all, Buddy and I are heading down from VT to Cape Cod next Monday to play in the Codā€™r at Pocasset. 2 questions: 1: any other Nesters playing in the tournament? 2: Anyone in basically all of Mass looking to get a game Tuesday (June 6) morning? Weā€™re driving from the Cape to Vermont so basically all of Mass (plus most of New Hampshire and Rhode Island) is in play. If anyoneā€™s looking to get a game let me know!

1 Like

Hey yā€™all. Myself and a buddy will be visiting your lovely state for the first time in a couple weeks after TFEā€™s Dog Bowl, and Iā€™m hoping you can help me with some local knowledge of the area.

Rough itinerary is to start out at Marion (weā€™ll be coming up from NH) and head out to Highland Links, before working our way back to Bass River and Southers Marsh before heading up to Boston to play George Wright. Any absolute must-dos weā€™re missing in there?

Perhaps just as critically ā€“ any food and/or drink recommendations on the cape or around Plymouth that we need to check out? Admittedly, Iā€™m completely in the blind on this subject, so any tips are greatly appreciated!

1 Like