Roll Call: Massachusetts

Don’t go to Mike’s, go to Bova’s.

2 Likes

Truro vineyards is on the other side of 6 from Highland. good spot to hit up but the wait can be much. Will warn, thats going to be a top 5 busiest drives to cape all year so be prepared. since 4th is a monday everyone will be taking that week off.

In Boston, i suggest castle island the location not the brewery (tho i do suggest brewery as well). great spot to walk see the harbor and planes and its only a short uber from south station area.

Seaport has a lot to offer that ppl like me that grew up in Boston stink at providing bc its changed so much for the better in last 10 years.

3 Likes

Set aside half a day to see Plymouth Rock - you won’t be disappointed.

Seriously though, where on cape will you be staying? As noted above, will be jammed that week, so would make different recommendations based on upper, lower, mid.

Yeah we’re going out to the cape on the 6th. Hopefully that’ll be a little quieter.

We’re staying in brookline and just driving out to the seashore for the day on the 6th. Is that too ambitious an itinerary?

I think youre safe to drive down on a wednesday. To be honest the traffic down shouldnt be terrible (depending on what youre used to) though will be some commuter stuff but do NOT come back while its light out if you can avoid it.

1 Like

i worked in falmouth for a whole summer driving from Jamaica Plain every day, i can tell you thats a full day drive there and back week of the 4th. Not only will the bridge be a bit much but rt 6 all the way out will be a slow go. Id expect 2 -2.5 one way.

2 Likes

And if you are going all the way to Highland Links that is a HAUL from Brookline,

3 Likes

Hell yeah! Don’t listen to this guy about Mike’s.

2 Likes

SICK

Yeah.

We live in rural SC, so we are used to long-ish car rides. 2 hours to charlotte, 3 to atlanta, etc. shouldnt be too bad, and hopefully is a moderately scenic view

I would say roughly…30% of that ride would be considered moderately scenic.

Really depends on how pretty the car in front of you is.

2 Likes

Yeah aside from the bridge that drive is mostly inland. You’re looking at 2.5 hours each way if there is NO traffic. At the very least leave yourself time for scenic lunch or dinner somewhere like Sesuit Harbor in Dennis, which is roughly midway.

1 Like

There are definitely more important places to go if you are making a short trip to Boston but I see you mentioned you are staying in Brookline. I lived there for a number of years. Not sure exactly where you are staying but Barcelona, Burro Bar, and my personal favorite The Abbey are all great in Washington Square. Also, there is a ferry from Boston to Ptown. I have never taken it or looked into it but something to consider, looks like you can book ahead online.

2 Likes

Pretty walkable?

I was thinking of this too - certainly more scenic that the drive, and likely just as fast, but once you get there you will need to use ride services or the limited bus service to get anywhere else. Truro Highlands is not far from P-town, but I don’t know how many Lyft drivers are out there.

2 Likes

Yea. Only long walk is for 6-9 which is behind the parking lot. Its not a lot of elevation change. If you can think of TPC Boston, its on the same piece of property except closer together green to tee. I do know tomorrow is carts and that may be a Norton rule for mid day weekend.

2 Likes

I have to imagine there are quite a few in July but I have nothing to base this off. Just looked up the ferry ride and its 90 mins. Google Maps right now has it at 2:35 from Brookline to Ptown. I’d call that 3 hrs minimum in the summer. Definitely something to look into.

This is a great idea. Ferry would definitely be a better option if you can arrange transport from ferry to golf. There are taxis in P-Town if Uber/Lyft are less available, though my experience has been that there are rideshares available during summer peak.

2 Likes

Had a late withdrawal for tomorrow’s gathering, so if anyone got shutout for a tee time tomorrow, let me know.

1 Like