Roll Call: Massachusetts

I don’t think I can make that morning work, but definitely holler if you ever want to play in the area in future. I live in Salisbury. Love the Oaks, Breakfast Hill and Links at Outlook (just across the border in Maine).

1 Like

Hey glad to see some fellow seacoast posters on here. I can’t make Friday work but would be up for meeting up another time. All great choices, Ledges is a good track too.

2 Likes

I’ll go a different direction on bringing your clubs. That is one of the busiest weekends on the Cape. Bringing your clubs for one 5 hour round is a pain in the ass. Two rounds yes, one round id just get beach time. (Caveat if you’re staying at Wequasset and can get on Cape Cod National or can finagle a private invite)

1 Like

Thank you for the honesty. Unfortunately, this is the way I’m leaning unless I get someone who is driving up to the wedding to bring my clubs.

Good afternoon gang! New member of the NLU community. I play every weekend at Brookmeadow Country Club in Canton on Sunday mornings. Occasionally we have an empty slot or two in our foursome and I’ll post if it comes up, if anyone is interested. About 6200 yds, easily walkable and challenging for a 20 hcp like myself. Also play at Norwood CC when it is not underwater.
Looking forward to getting more involved with the MA NLU crew

6 Likes

Haha Norwood is underwater at least 99% of the time! Brookmeadow is really nice, not too hard not too easy.

1 Like

I usually try And get in 18 on Monday and Friday mornings going off around 9. Let me know if you can make a Monday or Friday sometime between now and July and we’ll set something up!

1 Like

I still want to make it over to Ledges. I’ve heard it’s basically unwalkable though. Accurate?

The Ledges has several elevation changes, definitely would not recommend walking that course. Cool layout but overpriced in my opinion

1 Like

Bump

Have to confirm tee times with the course tomorrow and looks like I will be giving back several. Will try and keep a few open spots for late entries but if you have any friends who may want to join us, feel free to add them to the sheet.

1 Like

Very bummed to miss this but 1:45 pm start time for daughter’s soccer game really blocks me on this one. Got to meet @GaryK8 down at Streamsong last week and hope to get out to a Tee Party event soon.

3 Likes

Great meeting you man! Glad we got to loop around the Roundabout and chat for a bit Saturday.

1 Like

South Carolinian here with an odd question:

Does anyone here know anything about the Wellesley Country Club? Good/bad/etc?

Expensive. Would love to play it. Lmk if you have an in.

Don’t know anything about the vibe or amenities as a member. Have played once and am tentatively scheduled to play again. Connection isn’t quite strong enough to invite some golf sickos from the internet, but that could change.

Course is well maintained with a few interesting holes. They have a par 3 course as well that looks like a good practice area. Short driving range (irons only dot com). Main course is spread across two sides of Wellesley Ave. Definitely walkable with some decent land movement, though the routing is a bit awkward - they shuttle folks from 9 green at one end of the property to 10 tee at nearly the other end.

Anything else I would report would be somewhere in the gossip/hearsay category. If I were shopping for a local membership in that general area and price range, I would want to try a few other courses first - simply wasn’t blown away enough to dive in head first.

1 Like

SUPER helpful. Thanks

Does anyone have any intel on Norton CC? Slow day at work and I’m trying to get an idea of what we’ll be dealing with on Saturday.

1 Like

I was a member/caddy growing up, and my parents are still members. Wellesley has always been an affluent town, but back when I started there the membership was made up of lots of lawyers, doctors, dentists and had a solid golf course with otherwise modest facilities.

30 years later, the course remains largely the same, but the rest of the club is now in a different stratosphere in terms of amenities, and the younger members are almost entirely in finance. I missed my window to join as a legacy/young adult and will never be able to join now.

As noted, they added a short course that seems to get good use by families, a spectacular pool complex, a palatial clubhouse, a posh paddle tennis complex, and now they are building a new indoor tennis facility that will surely match the other facilities in opulence.

In terms of the golf, I have always thought the course was unfairly dinged for the awkward routing, because otherwise I think it is a superior experience to quite a few courses I have played that some have ranked higher (e.g. Red Tail, Farm Neck, Nashawtuc), and really not far behind the likes of Charles River and Brae Burn.

1 Like

its tight on the front but opens up on the back. Playing the 1 ups will make quite a few tee shots that less than driver may be the play.

1 tee box is basically on the patio so itll be a fun spot to start.

1 Like

also, my wife and i are coming to visit boston on july 4-7. any local tips about things to see/places to go etc. are welcome. We’re doing Fenway park and driving out to cape cod and playing highland links already.

3 Likes