Roll Call: Massachusetts

What’s the date of this event?

Also, in North Andover here…

2 Likes

Saturday May 14th 11AM

2 Likes

Might be worth throwing together some notes on the course for people that haven’t played here before too. I played 3-4 times last year since my friend was a member and there are a bunch of holes where you are totally handcuffed off the tee or where there is trouble you can’t see. Fun course for sure but if you went in totally blind you would be an easy 5 shots higher than if you had some guidance.

1 Like

Does handicap matter? I’m a 21 haha just started last year

4 Likes

The last one was a Stableford so handicap is taken into account

1 Like

Handicap does not matter. I played in the last one as a 22 and felt totally comfortable.

1 Like

I’m a 22 and I’m the current Captain, which should tell you all you need to know. Everything is net, so all skill levels are welcome.

@BkBryant23 I have only played the course twice, so if you want to throw something together having played it more frequently I am sure it would be appreciated.

4 Likes

I’ll add another sheet to the google doc so I don’t take up a ton of space here. Others can add notes as well.

1 Like

Don’t hit the net on 10 - not a great leave from there.

Edit: got ahead of myself that ones for Sandy Burr

5 Likes

@STalon89 think your question about Cape Golf is best asked here. On the public side I’d highly recommend Captains, Highland Links, Bayberry Hills, Old Barnstable, Cape Cod CC, and Bass River.

If you can find someone to get you on Eastward Ho, my DMs are open

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/ma-cape-golf/73284?u=double_bogey_dave

I’d also see about getting on the Boston Tee Party slack channel

I’d take Dennis Pines or Highlands over Bayberry. Bass River is a great layout but has been in terrible condition last few times I have played (great bar though).

1 Like

Did a local guys weekend back in the fall cause one of my friends insisted on reproducing.

Played Bayberry, Falmouth (Talon 9), Olde Barnstable and Sandwich Hollows.

Would rank them Sandwich, Bayberry, Barnstable, Falmouth for golf.

Would rank them Barnstable, Bayberry, Falmouth, Sandwich for bars.

1 Like

Hey Guys apologies if I’m bringing up a relatively well treaded topic. I’m gonna be up in Cape Cod for my cousin’s wedding the weekend after Independence Day and will probably only have 1 day to play while I’m there. So my question is, with cost and course quality as well as length of time to play is it worth it to ship my clubs up there?

TIA

Absolutely, the Cape has a bunch of great public golf courses (and even better private ones). If you only get 1 round I’d lobby for a double loop at Highland Links.

What town is the wedding in?

Harwich

Nice. If you were staying at Wequasset you could play Cape Cod national which is a great track. Highland Lakes has mentioned before is a fantastic ocean front nine whole track. Chatham seaside links is also a fun 9 track not far away.

Highland Links is a great walk if you have a lot of time on the Cape, but would not be my first choice in your situation - Truro is a solid 45 minute drive each way. Captains and Cranberry Valley are your best bets. There are two 18s at Captains (Brewster), both quite similar in terms of quality and characteristic of Cape public golf - lots of doglegs through rolling hills and scrub pines, generally in decent shape. CV (Harwich) is a bit tougher to get on because of reserved resident/member times, perhaps a slightly better course with a nice grass range, but you will be happy at any of those 3.

2 Likes

I know this is the MA board but it’s more active…. Anyone near the boarder of NH want to meet up to play NH seacoast Friday (5/6) morning?

Thinking of playing either Sagamore in Hampton or the Oaks in summersworth around 9:30.