Roll Call: Maryland

Can we get the signup/info on the what’s app chat again?

Have been here forever but haven’t joined that yet but it’s probably time.

Oops, not sure I linked that correctly:

1 Like

Thanks, just joined

God damnit. Bump. Fire this idiot

2 Likes

Good Morning MDers. Long time NLU fan, first time refuge post. Burned out on baseball message boards a decade ago. Dipping the ole toe back in on what looks to be (quick view) a safe place.

MD bonafides:

Grew up playing (sneaking on) western MD 9 and Wakefield Valley (god rest her soul). Towson State grad, fun times living in Federal Hill post college, returned to the country in Mt. Airy. Incredibly volatile 7 hcp playing out of Holly Hills. Never broken par. In search of 1st hole in one.

6 Likes

Welcome! We’ve got a lively WhatsApp chat going for DMV refugees if you’re interested in joining. We often talk about a bunch of random shit but also form weekend meetups/tee times.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome and the invite! I’ll pop in later today.

1 Like

I live in Eldersburg, glad to have you in the Refuge. Do you play any of the public courses in your neck of the woods?

2 Likes

What’s up MD Refugees? I’m a Chicago refugee that is going to be spending the holidays with the in-laws in Parkville/Towson. I’ll be there Dec 24 - Jan 2 and will be bringing my clubs and looking to get out - weather over 40F is golfing weather for me.

Anybody looking to play? Don’t know day/time/place yet, but let me know. I’ve played Mount Pleasant and Pine Ridge and liked them both. 12hp so zero intimidation factor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely! I live in Towson so pine ridge and mt pleasant are close. Greystone is also very good. I’ll DM you my number.

Waverly Woods is a good spot that isn’t too far. Pace a play is generally better than the county courses.

1 Like

Played Waverley Woods Friday - great course but it was a rough walk… definitely taking a cart next time.

@sjdowne Thank you for taking the time and playing Fox Hollow with me today… awesome weather for walking 18.

Absolutely!! Just a great time. Let’s try and do again if your schedule permits.

Good round in an awesome company at Clifton Park.

2 Likes

Played Mt. Pleasant 2 weeks ago with @cwalsh27 and another friend for the first time. Not sure if it was the tee locations but just interested to see if it normally plays with as many blind tee shots as it does in the winter. We pretty much had to wait for the group in front of us to get to the green on at least 10 holes to know there was no one in the fairway. Just interested to get other’s opinions.

Sam. Sorry for the delayed response. The Larricks have had what we like to call a stressful but successful holiday season. Kinda shutdown. Anyway, to answer your question in regards to playing anything public in the Eldersburg area. Actually played Oakmont Green on Tuesday with some buddies. I don’t know what it is about that place but I always enjoy it. I live 5 minutes from Challedon and wish I liked it but the greens fee does not match the course or the condition. I truly miss Wakefield Valley. Waverly woods is a tight property but can be fun. Blue Mash is probably my favorite bang for the buck. Whiskey Creek is great but always packed and $125 is tough to swallow each time. I never think of Diamond Ridge as in the area but I’ve always enjoyed it. Not a big fan of Westminster National or River Downs in Westminster. Quail Valley in Littlestown is a great track for the dollar. Just a hike. Anyway, these are my thoughts.

1 Like

If you’re in the area and can afford it- I recommend cattail creek.

At a min- see if you can get a demo round as part of the tour.

Colleague is a member at Cattail. Incredible facilities. Always in great shape. Nit-picking but not my favorite routing.

I do not disagree with you on the routing, it seemed to take driver out of your hands a little too much from my liking.