Roll Call: Maryland

Langston is a great track. When you get out on the back 9 you can’t even tell you are in DC.

Removing trees to the right of 3 would be best. Changes over the next five years will be fun to see.

1 Like

Oh man, did you see the NLT post about the community cleanup day at Langston? Probably pulled 1000 golf balls out across the course.

1 Like

There were probably 50 volunteers working non-stop for a few hours. I’d contend that each of us probably picked a few hundred each, recovering a few thousand balls in total out of the trees on the right, a couple inches underground, and the ditch out front. They gave us all lost and found wedges to pull the balls out of the ground with, and this is what I came away looking like.

3 Likes

Firm, fun conditions out at P.B. Dye today. A lot of people hate on that place because the greens are unconventional, but I always have a blast out there. It reminds me of Tobacco Road in that it’s surprisingly open off the tee, but you have to be dialed on your iron play or you bring a 3 or 4 putt into play. In wet conditions it’s kind of a drag, but it was rock hard out there today and it was a blast.

2 Likes

Would love to get on that email distro, never played langston though I’ve been in the area for a few years now

Going to play Timbers on Sunday. Has anyone been out there lately?

https://nationallinkstrust.us20.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=112b38d28ab8823cbe7929bda&id=9ad37ef18a

This should be the link to subscribe to NLT email update list. Also would recommend you follow them on social media like Twitter, IG and FB.

Links at Challedon greens are lightning fast right now fun stuff… I recommend!

3 Likes

I played Musket Ridge today. Greens were fast but invaded by lots of poa. Otherwise course was in great shape. It’s a sneaky arduous walk. I had to take a 90 min nap when I got home. But I feel like that course is very fair.

2 Likes

Played Timbers yesterday and had a good time. Course was very busy played 18 in about 5 1/2 hours

Enj9XeV

5 Likes

Woof

Without the 16 to 17 climb, arduous becomes rather pleasant no?

Yeah for sure. Back up to the clubhouse at No. 9 is a bit of a hike too but on the whole the walk isn’t at all objectionable, just hits me after. Granted, drinking water during the round instead of beer would help.

Its on my list, seems like a worthy trek up from NOVA.

That’s a solution in search of a problem :joy:

Also the guys I was playing with had to get 3 carts during the round since the batteries kept dying.

Turgeon:

2 Likes

I miss this man

4 Likes

After giving him a hard time at Congo during the AT&T being a VT fan. He invited me up to the club house for a drink.

Good guy.

1 Like