Roll Call: Maryland

Anyone want to get to get out somewhere for a round sometime over the next two or three weeks? I have about a month until things get really busy for a couple of weeks.

I’m in Bmore on Friday 7/26 for billy joel, def looking to get out that morning somewhere.

I’d definitely like to get out sometime over the next few weeks.

Need 2, potentially a 3rd for Friday AM, a week from today. @KVV @JohnnyPanton @tdogg21 @CDevlin

1 Like

I ant make it that day. I have a work meeting next Friday I need to attend.

I unfortunately can’t make next Friday either. Already playing the 22nd and as much as I’d love to bookend the week with golf this won’t be the week.

No worries dudes!

Maybe. I’m trying finalize some work travel for next week, but if all goes well, Friday will be pretty open. What’s the course like? I’m about 1 1/2 hours away. Is it worth the drive?

It’s a pretty awesome course, it’s a Baltimore City muni course, but sits in baltimore county on a reservoir and a really fun layout. Certainly doesn’t feel like you’re playing a baltimore city course, I think you see homes on like 2 holes.

Don’t want to make ya drive that far tho, you near DC? Can always looks elsewhere

I’m in PA north of Hagerstown. Frederick is the halfway point for me to Baltimore. I don’t mind coming to Baltimore for the right course if I can get away from work. I just don’t want to drive an hour and half for a 5 hour round on a basic muni. Sounds like this could be a pretty cool spot.

1 Like

With an 8:46 tee time, you should be able to play Pine Ridge at a decent pace.

1 Like

Got ya! Up to you, there are a few courses along Rt. 70 that I could try to meet you closer to the middle at. Waverly Woods is one I’ve enjoyed, although I’d say it’s not as “woke” and a bit pricier than pine ridge.

…Update, no times available there till between 730-11a. Perhaps an outing or league going out. Also, $75 v. $52 at PR. Not familiar with much else out there and going to Frederick area will be tough for me on Friday.

Diamond Ridge/Woodlands near the 70/695 juncture. Baltimore county courses, looks like there are similar times available there. LMK what works best for you, but i’ll still push for PineRidge.

I love Baltimore’s “Classic Five” munis as much as anyone, having grown up playing them. Hence the avatar. And I know no one asked me. But.

If Frederick is halfway between you guys, and tee times are available, Whiskey Creek is by far the best option. Woodlands is also a better track than Pine Ridge – and again, I love Pine Ridge – IMO.

Love the avi, was able to go to the top of the tower a couple years back when they were almost finished renovating the mansion.

Yea, I agree with you on all, but I’m playing at Whiskey creek next week, so not looking to double up. Woodlands is a very fun track, like it a lot. Driving up to Pine Ridge is memory lane for me though, so looking forward to it.

@tdogg21 LMK what you’re feeling. I got 2 buddies w/ flexible schedules to join that morning, you’d be the 4th.

1 Like

If you’re looking around Frederick check out Musket Ridge and Maryland National

I am not looking for access, let me say that up front. I’m curious if anyone here has played Elkridge and, if so, what you think? I drive by the club regularly but know little about it other than it’s a Raynor. The property seems interesting and fairly compact.

I’ve played it a few times, have some friends that were jr. members when I lived down there and one or two that are current. It’s an extremely well kept track and very fun to play. But very tight - basically can play from any fairway for majority of the holes. I remember a good amount of elevated greens, that being said I wasn’t nearly as “woke” when I played. I’m pretty sure my buddy got in trouble for bringing me out lol.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m out for Friday. I have a couple meetings that popped up in the afternoon and I wouldn’t be able to get there, play, and get back in time for my first meeting. But let’s still try to find a day.

All good dude, will keep you posted on my next round that way. Looking forward to it

DC resident always looking for some games. Love getting out to the public tracks like Blue Mash, Lake Presidential etc.

Super weird flex, but that place has maybe the best chicken tenders and homemade honey mustard I have had anywhere, and not just golf courses.

1 Like