Roll Call: Maine

People, Let’s get something going at Belgrade Lakes.

4 Likes

I’m in. I’m a member down in Wells at Old Marsh and am happy to host there as well.

1 Like

I just moved from Gardiner (Member at The Meadows and frequented Natanis) down to Westbrook! I’d be down to join with any of you guys! I actually work at XGolf in Portland as well, currently without a home track but I’ll be glad to host you guys at XGolf any time!

2 Likes

I would fly up from Georgia for this. Belgrade Lakes is great and the Sunset Grill would be perfect for some post round brews.

1 Like

Headed up to Portland for a bachelor party this weekend (from Mass) but will most likely be getting out of work earlier than any of my friends. Was going to check Arundel tee times on Tues/Wed when they open but anyone else have suggestions?

I think Cape Arundel is walking only right now. If that doesn’t bother you (very walkable course) it’s an awesome experience. Drove by a few weeks ago before they were open and the course was looking mint.

Nonesuch River in Scarborough is great too if you want to stay closer to Portland.

Biddeford-Saco CC is a Donald Ross and a nice track.

2 Likes

Nope I’d much prefer to walk! Ill make that the focus and go from there!

Playing nonesuch with the whole group saturday

Thanks for the info

1 Like

CA is pretty quiet this time of year so I don’t think you’ll have a problem grabbing an afternoon tee time, especially if you look on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Nonesuch is great. The first hole runs very close to the parking lot so would suggest parking a little further back or up by the clubhouse if there’s spots.

1 Like

Hey all, Massachusetts resident, but right up on the border with New Hampshire and definitely interested in hearing about events up in Maine that might be coming up. Events in the southern portion of the state would be more doable on my end, but I’ve always had my eye on a trip up to Belgrade Lakes too.

I think Belgrade is a must, awesome course and views up there.

If we wanted to do something in southern ME, happy to host at Old Marsh CC in Wells. I can book tee times up to a month in advance and get something on the schedule easily (plus discounted greens fees). A tee time on a Sunday after 11 or 12 is wide open usually.

2 Likes

moved to bangor last year. played many of the downeast courses but never been to belgrade. have always wanted to go check it out. do we think it would be too late to get an event organized there? or would they have flexible availability june/july?

what should be the first step in getting something put together? getting a feel for commits and their availability? or is the limiting factor going to be belgrade’s availability? i can’t imagine we’d have all that big of a field.

I think because we wouldn’t have as many people, it’d be easiest to just grab a block of tee times up there. I’d imagine June/July is going to be busy everywhere this summer so probably is too late to do an organized event with them.

Arundel booked for 12 10 on Friday, taking all notes and suggestions

1 Like

1 - Fairway slopes right to left, tee shot on top of the hill is perfect

2 - Driveable, but would have to split bunkers. Keep it to the left-center of the fairway.

3 - Left is dead. Anything short left will leave a tough chip. Easiest bail out is to the right.

4 - If pin is up on top of the shelf back right, keep it center of the green, take your two-putt to the next tee.

5 - Take a long iron or hybrid out to the pole in the middle of the fairway. Anything in the left rough will leave an awkward stance.

6 - Favorite hole on the course. If the pin is front left, good luck.

7 - Right side of the fairway is best.

8 - Anything long into this green will roll on to 2 green.

9 - Only par 5 on the course. You can hit a draw around the tree line on the left and have a short approach in.

10 - Left center of the fairway is best. If you miss in the right rough, you’re not stopping anything on this green.

11 - If you’re hitting driver well, you can try and hit one across the road. Otherwise, three wood is fine.

12 - I like taking it up over the trees on the right with a draw.

13 - Plays one more club than it looks. Bunkers on the right tough to get up and down out of.

14 - You have miles to the right. Shouldn’t even come close to the trees and river on the left.

15 - Take your tee ball up over the trees on the right. Fairway is further to the right than it looks from the tee.

16 - Straight away par 3.

17 - You can’t see the green from the tee. Take note of where the pin is when you cross the bridge from 14 tee. If the pin is in the front, play your approach to the top of the hill and let it trickle down.

18 - Can easily blast it right. A miss left is the parking lot. Approach plays a club longer than you think.

1 Like

Legend

@GaryK8 In your experience how do they take being pronounced Arendelle and having me ask to speak with Elsa when I arrive?

1 Like

If you went in the middle of January when there’s a foot of snow on the ground I bet they’d love it

(For reference though, its “uh-run-dull”)

1 Like

Yeah got that after she picked up the phone this morning - quite a disappointment.

1 Like

Played 9 holes at Cape Arundel tonight

5 Likes

Okay…im definitely taking my camera