Roll Call: Maine

Played Belgrade last fall for my Bachelor party and was blow away by how fast the greens were! definitely want to get back hopefully less hung over next time lol.

1 Like

Hey guys! Found my peopleā€¦

New to the refuge! Iā€™m from Scarborough and play out of Nonesuch. Iā€™ve lived all over in Maine and have been lucky enough to play a lot of our great courses! Ive been a member up at Penobby and at Waterville prior to moving downstate. Will stay tuned!

Welcome. Nice to have another local on board.

I have an 8:44 tomorrow at Dunegrass, anyone want to join? Had someone drop last minute.

Let me know if you want to do a little home and home some time, Iā€™m a member at Dunegrass.

Looks like weā€™ll be in Acadia 8/29-9/3, so would be up for a round 8/30-9/1 if you guys are aroundā€¦

2 Likes

Looking for 1-2 peeps for a 2v2 net match at dunegrass on monday morning at 8am

Folks,

Iā€™m headed to Maine with my wife in august. weā€™re doing 2 days in Acadia and headed south after that. Sheā€™s gonna be pregnant and not able to drink, so Iā€™m trying to decide if Portland is worth spending 2 nights exploring, or if we should hit something else as well. We love food and outdoors. Probably no golf, so sorry for the derailment.

Any suggestions?

Love,

Ted

1 Like

I think two nights in Portland would still be fine but you may consider a night in Kennebunkport or Ogunquit if you are looking for something a little more tame. Freeport might be a good option as wellā€¦they have some good restaurants and there are often small outdoor concerts at LL Bean.

The food scene in Portland is huge and there are plenty of options to choose from. I suggest checking out the Portland Food Map to get an idea of cuisines, really anything youā€™re tasting you could get. List View - Portland Food Map

Personally, I am a big fan of Scales, Duckfat and Isa Bistro.

Will second Kennebunkport - waterfront town with little shops and such, Bush Family Compound as well (their home course, Cape Arundel, is in Kennebunkport and is open to the public. If you end up able to get a round in, highly recommended).

For Kennebunkport food I recommend Alissonā€™s and The Boathouse.

1 Like

Awesome thanks fellas! What about Bar Harbor food?

Stop in to Big Gs in Winslow on your way to Bar Harbor for the largest sandwiches Iā€™ve ever had.

1 Like

If you find yourself further up the coast in Maine up by Rockland.

1 Like

Hey all, I am going to post this in a few New England roll calls but The Golfers Journal event at Hooper GC this September has sold out (in less than 3 hours).
But if you didnā€™t get a chance to sign up you can reach out to TGJ (via the link below) and jump on the waiting list.

Anybody here manage to score a spot in the TGJ event at Hooper?

I will be there. If youā€™re on the waiting list hopefully you can sneak in!

Dipped in here for a Maine recommendation and was not disappointed by Nonesuch River GC. I was up here for a first visit to a customer and snagged a 4:20 tee time on a whim. Course looked in great shape from the jump and was lucky enough to be paired with a member close to my age who Sherpaā€™d me around. Maine is good, good people from him, Matt the pro, to Maureen in the bar. Great swag in the pro shop and a fun, tight at times layout that is not short on testing your accuracy. My LORD did I get chewed up by mosquitos though. I did not realize what I was getting myself into. They really do be as big as birds up here. Loved it though overall.

3 Likes

Love the front nine there. Great range and short game area too.

Does anyone know at what point in the fall they start letting the public make tee times at Prouts Neck? Very keen to check that place out.

They donā€™t