Roll Call: KC Area

I bet we can @djpie if we offer him BBQ and Casey’s pizza.

What is the best pizza in kc? There isn’t really “kc style” and I’ve never found a place that was must eat for out of towners. Minsky’s joes kc pizza is incredible and I like Waldo Pizza but I haven’t found a local place that really stands out above the rest.
Any thoughts?

Minsky’s is good, but I won’t go out of my way to eat it. It always sits super heavy in my stomach and makes me incredibly thirsty the next day. My personal fav pizza in KC is Johnny Jo’s in West Plaza. NY style and take out only. I’ve never had anything bad from there.

2 Likes

Is papa Keno’s still open in downtown OP?

Grinders would be my recommendation for out of towners.

2 Likes

Spin is probably my favorite “local” place/chain

1 Like

It’s still open. Last time we got carry out and waited for over an hour when they said it would be 15 minutes. It’s good…but not that good. Haven’t been back since.

Johnny Joe’s and Waldo are my top two.

I like il lazzarone in river market. Not really KC style, but it’s good.

There’s also a papa kenos in crossroads that’s good.

I’ve honestly never been a huge fan of Il Lazzarone. If I want Neapolitan style I’ll go to Spin or 1889.

Never been, but have heard the name kicked around in the past. Will try to remember and investigate. @Christian @anon82308049 you guys work close to OP? Maybe grab a slice sometime?

1 Like

Martin City Tap Room is really good.

1 Like

That’s a bummer. Was my favorite place growing up, had a sit down ms pac man machine i spent good money on.

1 Like

Has anyone ever tried Providence Pizza in Grandview? I’ve heard good things.

@almostscratchonce I’d be game to grab lunch at Papa Kenos sometime.

1 Like

I’ve got a soft spot for it too…spent a lot of time at the Lawrence location back during the college years.

1 Like

Never had it sober but always enjoy it drunk. Is it still great sober?

@Christian I’ll have to give Johnny jo’s a try

1 Like

It is.

The chili & tots topping don’t seem as appealing when sober, though.

1 Like

Yeah, providence is pretty good. There is also one at Parlor in the crossroads.
D’bronx is prob my favorite.

3 Likes

Ah, yes. I’ve had that location at Parlor. V good.

Since we are (were) on the topic of food, where is everyone’s favorite burger in KC? Westport Flea Market gets my vote.

1 Like

Stumbled across a place out by Raintree Lake in Lee’s Summit a couple of months ago called Wally’s. Theirs is fantastic! Flea Market is great too!

1 Like