Roll Call: KC Area

Is there a wolfhammer dot for hitting a house, in the water, and in a trap on the same hole? Creekmore looks like an opportunity for that, and they could name it after me.

1 Like

Same dot could be used for Lionsgate too, tbh.

1 Like

Thinking it may be common in KC. We’ll call it the KC BBQ.

(wipes sweat off forehead in relief that it won’t be named after me)

3 Likes

It really should be called the I-435, as it only could occur in such a post-1985, urban sprawl, housing/golf development.

1 Like

The JOCO

3 Likes

I’ve doinked one off a roof at hallbrook. House burned down the next week :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

From when I was 12 through high school we lived in a house off #4 at Deer Creek. Pretty much straight left from the tee box and our backyard was all trees so you’d have to be a wizard to hit a ball through. I’ll never forget when i was like 14 on a saturday morning i was in the basement watching TV and a ball shattered the window 20 feet from me, scared the absolute shit out of me.

4 Likes

This, but “It shouldn’t have been built there” instead

2 Likes

Best part? rebuilt it…bigger, much bigger.

Doubled down with that insurance money!

That the par 3? That hole gets me so damn triggered with their complete lack of tree management. You have to hit a push draw to hit that green now.

1 Like

I once shot 96 on the first day of the KS Am at Hallbrook in sweltering heat and humidity. My grips were so bad I couldn’t keep control of the club through impact, they were so slippery. Ironically enough, a rules official sat down with us after the round and blamed the slow play on a different person in our group, who carded a 71, which made no sense since I took 25 more swings than him.

Got the clubs regripped, came back the next day to shoot 76 with four three-putts.

1 Like

A fellow Brooksider here. Was a member at Meadowbrook until it closed. Have a 5 year old and 1.5 year old, so been in semi-hibernation the last couple of years. Hoping to play more regularly this season. Looking forward to a visit to BCN!

1 Like

Creekmoor can stretch it to 7400 if you’re feeling frisky. The USGA & Web qualifiers that we’ve hosted usually play up on a handful of holes to total around 7100-7200.

This is an understatement.

Yep. I always thought there was just too much going on with that hole. Odd placement of trees, and tee boxes everywhere. I did always love the bank left of the green as a way to help my pulls bounce back towards the green.

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve done a 20 stroke swing, but that place can eject you if you aren’t ready for it. So many times I’ve walked off the 13th green thinking I was about to break par in high school and then end up with 78.

@almostscratchonce RIP Meadowbrook, grew up half a mile away.

1 Like

@anon81973724 Found a Meadowbrook Staff Nike polo a few years back at the thrift shop. Still rock it on the course. RIP.

3 Likes

That makes 3 of us. I’m closer to Crestwood then downtown Brookside - We should hit up the Brooksider for a brew with @Rocco soon.

1 Like

Between this and the courses mentioned here I’m having some serious nostalgia. RIP my mid-late 20’s.

2 Likes