Roll Call: KC Area

This isn’t much of a geographical or era thing. I grew up on the east 1/2 of MO, and most of the best guys in that area ran pretty close to the red-line. Worked at a club in Augusta, during college in the late 90’s and their elite kids were mostly the same, except for CH3. Played 3 times with him when he was around 15-16, and never witnessed any outbursts. I’m sure he had a few moments, though.

You were a good player bens but smell was just unreal. My buddy in the junior am story was aj frederes and if I remember correctly that’s how you and I met but it’s been a long time so not sure. Maybe I met you through alex boyd, he was a great dude.

Oh yeah Smell was waaay better than I ever was/am. It was just funny thinking I was pretty good, and this other kid that lived 8 houses down was on another level. I vaguely remember the name AJ Frederes, but meeting through Boyd would have made more sense.

1 Like

Just now checking back in from my Europe travels.

On the subject of top junior golfers in my era, I played a few times with Higgs, Winslow, and Smell in tourneys. Joe was the most notorious for his slow play from what I remember. Played with Kyle my freshman year in the state tourney and was a little nervous to say the least, but we kind of grew as colleagues and I caddied for him in an Adams Tour event a few years back. Harry was probably the most confident golfer I had ever played with and interacted with. He has got some serious game.

Hah - Kyle and I were the same age; played in a couple KJGA events together. In fact, I’m pretty sure he capitalized on my Icarito moment that I’ve been dreading to relive and post in that thread. Anyways, to expand on your “small town” thought, I think Kansas golf is just a small community.

1 Like

Shoutout to Kairos!!!

1 Like

Winslow and Higgs both on the cut line, hope they can play better tomorrow.

does anyone know of a range that might be on grass this afternoon? I’m going to call heart of america and see if they are but sounds like they’ve had some flooding with all the rain. Any other public ranges that might be on grass today?

The OP courses may be (Sykes and St. Andrews), but probably have similar issues with all the rain. We were on mats last Friday.

I think OP closed their range for maintenance and St. Andrews only goes grass on saturday and sunday I thought?

This is quasi silk road-ish but I wanted to post here for my KC locals… I am unloading some irons, wedges, and the most beautiful putter I’ve ever owned over at wrx and wanted to give you guys the opportunity for local pickup… prices are OBO but considering it would cost $15-$20 to ship, I’m all for doing some deals for the locals. PM me if interested and sorrey (that’s sorry in canadian) for the mini thread jack.

1 Like

Woohhh. You are ditching the TMB?

What in the world is happening.

Edit: How was Lawsonia?

Yea, but don’t worry - I picked up a P790 UDI 2 iron to replace… and also an 818 H2 17 to replace… which is why I need to purge.

Lawsonia was dope. Caught an absolutely bluebird day. Event was great, well run and to a person everyone was great. I hadn’t played since they did a restoration and was blown away by how good it was. The front is cool but the back is completely epic, nary a tree in sight. Oh, and Blue Mound G&CC was pretty good Sunday as well. Nice to see what the Raynorman can do with an otherwise boring piece of property. The redan, punchbowl, and leven stood out in particular.

Back 9 at Lawsonia Links

The man, the myth, the legend overseeing the first tee shot

Mega-redan

4 Likes

Higgs with a nice little 67 today to jump to T6.

1 Like

Winslow on the cut line with 6 holes left. Really hope he can grind it out.

Winslow played well yesterday, not so much today but another made cut at least.

Higgs tied for the lead with 10 holes left.

2 Likes

Don’t sleep on Gellerman. He’s a KS guy who is making a run this weekend.

1 Like

Really wish it was televised Higgs winning would be huge

1 Like

In spite of the Mother’s Day PSA, I was so close to hopping back out there during the first rain delay to watch the back nine. That had to be fun with that leader board.

Then I get to work this morning and a coworker says he used to play with Gellerman out in Pratt/Sterling. Kansas golf once again proves it’s a max of 6 degrees of separation.

1 Like

I played with Gellerman a handful of times growing up in KJGA events during the summer. He is a witness to my only ever hole in one, which was in Hesston.

1 Like