Roll Call: KC Area

:eyes:

3 Likes

Looks like Tron was in town last week on the way to PD.

1 Like

He was. He played PD for 36 before going up to Nebraska for the meetup. Nice guy. A lot nicer in person than I thought he might be.

EDIT: He had mentioned he chilled with @sundaybag !

1 Like

Was fun to have TC in town for a couple days.

2 Likes

Hope you got him some real BBQ!

For sure. Brought him to church (KC Joes - OG location).

7 Likes

Obligatory Z-Man?

That is what I had. He went with 1/2 lb of brisket and 1/2 lb of burnt ends. Split a bag of fries.

3 Likes

He raved about the fry seasoning, as he should’ve.

5 Likes

Does anyone know a spot in KC to hit on a Trackman without doing a full club fitting? I have never hit on a monitor and am pretty curious to see some of my numbers.

Go see John at Martin City. 4 indoor bays with Foresight open to public, $30/hour I believe

2 Likes

Thanks!

@BigJones

As scratchy as the game has been this year, I’m debating coming out to play here in a couple weeks. Tell me more about these “terrifying tee shots.” When shit goes wrong for me, it tends to be off the tee.

I think #9 was one of the more intimidating shots. Also have a blind tee shot with houses left and road right. That is all I remember. (It was windy when we played).

This one does look a little silly.

Three shot hole even from tees one up, and even if you hit a 300yd drive. To me this says 3i off the tee, 3/4i layup, mid-iron on your third. I don’t see a lot of reward for trying to carry the water.

How much native and OB is there around?

I’ve been wanting to get down there as well and would be interested in getting a group together

When you coming out?
The back tees are all anyone wants, 7400+ yards. The rough is not as long as in the past , so that is good. Just be ready to hit a ton of long irons if you play form the tips. I normally only play back there once or twice a year.

Lots of native grass, laterals and OB if you are spraying it.

I’d be down for this too if the date is right.

Well next weekend we are host the KC AM and the next weekend is out Mem/GST. But pretty open after that, however since no one goes to work kinda hard to get a time. I think you can prob get something Saturday afternoons. Let me know when you guys are coming out and I can see what I can do with a times and might join you.

That hole is really hard and plays into the wind also.