Roll Call: KC Area

*per year - I had to look it up - that’s a good deal

I’ve heard very nice things about the ‘mego. Can go to the Wizard of Oz museum while you’re there.

It’s pretty damn good for sure. Just finishing stripping in zoysia so the fairways are a mess at the moment.

Not only the Oz museum, but Oztoberfest is a banger for sure!

1 Like

Friends, Kansas Citians, Countrymen…

@sundaybag and I have been working behind the scenes, and it’s time to schedule that meetup out at Brough Creek National we’ve been pining for.

• Who: We are gonna limit this out of wear and tear concerns, but they can accommodate 8 of us.
  • What: General short course activities and debauchery
  • When: Saturday, July 11 at 1:00p
  • Where: Well, this bullet point seems unnecessary
  • How: Sign up at the google sheet link below. If you’re a maybe, say no in the confirmed column and we’ll follow up closer to the date.

If 8 are signed up and you want to be an alternate, just keep the list going below those 8.

LET’S GOOOOOOO!

Edit: LET’S GOOOOOOO now (now you can edit the google sheet and not just view it). My bad.

6 Likes

I will be out of town that weekend but will be there for the next one. Hit em straight boys!

2 Likes

Bah, been waiting for this but alas this is the weekend my dad is coming up to help me relevel our goddamn brick patio.

If you’re a home owner who is considering a brick patio, don’t do it. Get a poured concrete patio and have them stamp a fancy design into it.

Just had a family thing pop up, and can’t make the BCN day anymore. While the one year old that the birthday party is for definitely won’t remember if I skip out, his mom and grandma likely will.

:rotating_light: :rotating_light:

4 Likes

Bumpin’ this in case anyone’s schedule has opened up. The BCN weather watcher will be keeping a close eye on potential storms, but hopefully they’re limited and/or happen overnight, and we’ll still be good for 1:00p.

3 Likes

Having to take my name off of the list, unfortunately. Will be sure to make it next time.

Stoked to see y’all today. Should be a good one!

3 Likes

I’m jelly of all you guis out at BCN. Cuz it’s effin hot out.

2 Likes

I played in a tournament today and by the afternoon the wind kind of died down, sweating sitting in the cart under a tree. It’s never too hot for golf in Kansas but today was close. I drank 8-9 bottles of water and two beers. Only went to the bathroom once.

1 Like

Time to give some more praise to BCN, @sundaybag, @BCNSuper, @threeputtking, and @mark-I’m-not-sure-if-he’s-on-here! That place is so damn fun. We had a solid group out there with the SGB crew, some refugees and some local guys that had reached out to Ben on instagram. The course was playing amazing. That was the first time I had played it since the Barn Burner, and they’ve got the greens way more predictable and allowing for truer rolls. The slopes are really workin’ now, and from the time the ball leaves your club face, your heart is fluttering watching it track, land, kick, and roll out.

I also took my father-in-law out there, who was clearly smitten with the experience. It was great talking to him about it beforehand. I don’t mean this to poke fun at him, as I clearly didn’t do a good job describing what we were getting into, but prior to heading out, he asked what time our tee time was. And then when we get in the car, I see he’s brought his whole bag + push cart (proud new member of the push cart mafia due to COVID precautions, so that’s cool). But needless to say, it was not what he was expecting, and he really couldn’t stop talking about it after the round.

Not sure if anyone snagged any pictures. We weren’t the most photogenic bunch, profusely sweating in 95-feels-like-103 heat, but post 'em if you got 'em.

And now, let’s bow our head in prayer for rain in KC. Ah-men.

13 Likes

Mark is @CaptainHook on here. Suppose he was referencing his golf shot? Anyways, thanks for coming out! Wish I could’ve been there to see y’all.

2 Likes

OK people - in town for a wedding next week - going to be in the Independence area, where should I get 18 in ?

WinterStone or Stone Canyon – can’t go wrong with either. Shoal Creek is another great course, though slightly farther north.

3 Likes

I agree, played Winterstone for the first time last week and it was very enjoyable. Drumm Farm is also in Independence and is pretty solid but would choose Winterstone over it if you had to only pick one.

2 Likes

Thank you - going to hit up Winterstone !

Thank you!