Roll Call: Iowa

Most courses in Southeast Iowa won’t open until the weather turns so could be late March. A quick drive over to Hamilton, Illinois from here (roughly 45 minutes) have courses open year-round, weather dependent.

I’m in the QC too. Play Fyre lake a couple of times a year. Can’t beat the twilight rates after work and most days you can get on about $30. Others are right though, it isn’t long but things can go south quickly, especially on the back.

Any of you know of any golf courses open this weekend? Don’t know what snow amounts look like down there but weather looks great1

1 Like

Was hoping for a chance in Des Moines this weekend but don’t think it will happen. Fingers crossed though.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll get much in the Des Moines area. My yard still has a decent amount of snow even in the spots that get some sun. Hopefully soon though!

1 Like

Where do you usually play in Des Moines? I may have an in at Jester on Sunday. Told him I’d stay off the tees and greens. Still better than nothing, right?

I haven’t checked, but I wouldn’t be surprised if St. Andrews in Cedar Rapids was open this weekend. They’re pretty much always open if there’s no snow.

Looking forward to getting out and playing in Des Moines this weekend. Tee times booked for Saturday and Sunday.

3 Likes

Where are you playing this weekend? I’m heading down on Monday for work, and would like to play once I get in Monday afternoon since the weather looks good.

1 Like

Playing AH Blank and Jester Park this weekend. I know The Legacy is also opening up Saturday.

1 Like

Any one know of any courses in the eastern half the state opening?

Playing Legacy Saturday. Hopefully weather stay this way. Joined Echo Valley CC in fall and can’t wait to start the spring strong.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about joining Echo but I think I’ll give it one more year before I join anywhere. Most likely Will be either Echo or Wakonda.

1 Like

If ya ever want to come out let me know. Its good golf and very relaxed.

1 Like

wait, what?

I’d love to check it out. It’s at the top of my list of clubs I’d join, but I’ve still yet to actually see the course and play it.

Played 22 holes this past Sunday. Looking to be in the 50’s this Sunday so I’m planning to get out then as well.

Looks like I’m a good 4 hours from Rochester, MN - not sure where in MN you’d be coming from but just giving you an idea of the travel time needed to get to my area (52722 zip).

Anytime you wanna come down to play, hit me up @GRWhitehead

2 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: I have confirmation that Waveland Golf Course in Des Moines will be open this Saturday. Crack on.

2 Likes

I got a kick out of the BREAKING NEWS email they sent out.

1 Like

Did they mention anything about Monday?