Roll Call: Iowa

I also feel like I need to take some time away to reflect on the dumpster fire that was our round on Tuesday…

3 Likes

i’ve been mad about it since. Just trash.

3 Likes

On a better note, you both won $31 each in credit from Saturday…

4 Likes

say what now?

You got 3rd place in the 2nd flight. $31 credit is yours at the great Airport National. They have it there in the computer system. Spend it wisely

1 Like

hell yeah! Finally proof that we can be good at golf!

4 Likes

Love to see good things happening to good people.

1 Like

Guis,

In the spirit of full transparency, I had no fewer than 2 dozen topped balls this weekend, and about 40% of those came on the first hole at Waveland. If anyone has recommendations for golf instructors in the Des Moines area, I am all ears.

T’s and P’s appreciated,

Andy

Only person I know is Ken Schalls place on University. Never been to him but have heard good things from ppl who have gone there. No idea the cost.

1 Like

Its been said so many times - Golf is hard.

1 Like

I’ll look that up. I’m sure some of the issues this weekend were rust (haven’t swung a club since last fall), but a lesson really couldn’t hurt my golf game at this point.

1 Like

Andy, I took a series of 3 lessons with Mark Atchison in 2019, the same year he was the Iowa Section PGA Teacher of the Year, and was very impressed! He is the Director of Instruction at Des Moines Golf and Country Club, but very down to earth & knowledgeable without being condescending.

1 Like

Appreciate the rec! Do you have to be a member at DMGCC to get the lessons?

I wasn’t & I don’t think that policy has changed.

1 Like

Otherwise might be the world’s most expensive golf lesson!

3 Likes

I have 2 spots open for 757 at muscatine muni Saturday if anyone wants in. Also everyone is always welcome Friday at 530 at red Hawk Davenport for skins.

2 Likes

Is this the “Southern Hills of Iowa?” I mean, who can say?

6 Likes

wouldnt that be Veenker, the Perry Maxwell in Ames?

3 Likes

Obviously, but I couldn’t resist making a bad joke about a HILLY course in SOUTHERN Iowa.

4 Likes

I travel down there for work occasionally, how was it?

1 Like