Roll Call: Iowa

Was a funny surprise. Crazy how much those guys just tear up that course.

2 Likes

I caddied in it a couple of times. Hueber’s description couldn’t be more accurate

3 Likes

spreading the good word;

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2022-refuge-roosts-local-clubs-club-championship-outline/63652/1428?u=tnord

2 Likes

@ThatGolfPunk

I heard that someone hit Driver/PW on #10 last year and was skeptical. Now, I believe it.

2 Likes

I would be interested in a tryout.

Man, what a fucking place Des Moines is! Opened the store on the south side on SE 14th for those that are privvy. I done seen some shit but not a ton of teeth, almost died in a tornado and ate the best fucking Mexican food I’ve ever had. I had no idea what to expect, but it wasn’t this haha. Anyone ever play Waveland? Saw it while driving on the highway. Looked like a lot of land movement.

5 Likes

I think Waveland is the best public course in the area. Lots of land movement and there’s a good variety of short and long holes. There’s a few blind shots, but I think that it gives the course a lot of character. The majority of the greens are built into hills so they have a lot of slope to them. Their putting green is a good example of this. The pace of play on the weekend is atrocious. Definitely play it during the week.

5 Likes

That all sounds about what I was thinking. Looked like a good layout for sure!

1 Like

Golf Digest is reporting @ZachR will be wearing SQAIRZ golf shoes all season to ensure he defeats @Sweet_Cupn_Cake in every match they play this year.

3 Likes

He needs every advantage he can get.

1 Like

Thems fightin words…but you’re not wrong.

I don’t need golf shoes “proven by science” to hit it past @Sweet_Cupn_Cake. Who won the last time we played Michael?

1 Like

I mean you were bombing it & put Mike in his place, but let’s be honest, Gold Boy could blow past all of us.

Had to post this in here, the Dub’s Dread Roost event for the @GreatPlainsGC is coming up and registration is now open to ALL participants.

If you’d like to play — starts at 10am, Saturday April 16th — please reach out to @tnord or myself via DM and we can try and get you access to the spreadsheet if you don’t have it already.

With a month until game day, we hope this allows a little more time to plan for travel!

Open to ALL participants includes non-NLU peeps, but we are encouraging all members of GPGC to attend…

Need some ideas here
My son was asked to participate in a Junior Achievement golf outing at crow valley. They want him to do some kind of fundraising on the course. I had the idea of setting him up at the par 3 Third hole and having players pay $5 for a mulligan. Which means they players would have the option for my son to hit a shot for them for a donation. I saw this idea done at a club I used to play at where the pro sold mulligans where he would hit a drive for them on a short par 4. My son is 13 so I thought the par 3 would be better.
Any thoughts on this idea? I don’t think this tournament is competitive at all. $1k per group so it’s definitely all about raising money for JA. I don’t play many scrambles so maybe some of you have seen better ways to fundraise, and I would love to hear what you got. Thanks

1 Like

Only other idea I got is to add him to the putting rotation, maybe lead off.

2 Likes

Friends, @Sweet_Cupn_Cake, I’ll be in DSM next week, looking like Tuesday and Wednesday. Let’s get out there

3 Likes

Hmmm… I could be talked into a little day trip for some G

1 Like

Damn, I already have Monday off for a recovery day after mudness… do I just extend it?

1 Like