Roll Call: Iowa

A crisp (virtual) high five?

3 Likes

It was me. Was I more excited about it than I should have been…fer suuure.

3 Likes

I knew it! I get the feeling though. Never made it on NLU, but I have had a couple voicemails make The Solid Verbal (a CFB pod). I screen recorded them I was so excited.

1 Like

Just hearing Soly say my stupid name was worth it. Nothing like a dumb high school gamertag staying with you 20 years later haha.

6 Likes

Need 2 this weekend in Cedar Rapids, anyone interested? @RunItOut @grandpa_jones

2 Likes

We’ve been notified that our Iowa Strapped: Bolt to the Bud Tent Blowout (Iowa Strapped: Bolt to the Bud Tent Blowout--August 12-13, 2022 - SIGN UP in Post 82) needs 40 entrants to become a NIT Qualifier & we’re currently at 36, so if you’d like to join us in Central Iowa in August, please feel free to sign; we’d love to have you.

4 Likes

sure, I’m in.

2 Likes

Damn, I love a good trip around Airport but am headed to Minnesota this weekend. Good luck.

1 Like

@Klimesh you around for this?

or @grandpa_jones, you taking the trip up?

not sure, checking with the war department. I’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

OK sad news, they mis-printed. It’s a 2 man. If you still want to join my buddy and I as the other twosome, that would be awesome. If not, i understand. This sucks…

I’m down for the trip. If @RunItOut is still interested

1 Like

Let me know, I’ll phone you in as the other twosome

1 Like

Yes, let’s go!

2 Likes

You guys are signed up!

1 Like

Anybody here play in any of the Amateur Players Tour events? Saw one coming up at Legacy and was wondering if anyone had any experience playing those?

1 Like

Open invite to anyone who finds themselves in Davenport on a Friday. Fun cash skins game where we play 9 holes forward tees 1600 yd with only a wood, iron, wedge and putter. Good players and weekend warriors all show. Laid back vibe until you find yourself standing over a $100 putt, then you’ll find it hard to get that kind of pressure during any round let alone potentially on the first hole! Anyway come on out if you’re ever looking for a round unlike any other!

3 Likes

Anyone want to play in Iowa City Friday afternoon?

I was today year’s old when I learned that Iowa Golf Association Hall of Famer George Turner was the father of MTV icon Randee of the Redwoods.

3 Likes

Maybe, where and what time?