Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

Was wondering if that was it. We actually looked at a house in there about 6 months ago haha. Have a cousin on Noblesvilles golf team that plays there a bunch!

We may have bought that house :joy: (don’t doxx me).

There was like nothing for sale here until the market started trending down a bit. Bought at the very tippy top of that wave, but got a reasonable interest rate so it’s not all bad.

3 Likes

Good for you, man. Cheers.

2 Likes

Neighbors. Im right down the road in West Harbour.

1 Like

JK. Cheers mate. Not a bad place to call home.

If you guys play Bear Slide on Saturday, I can join you on Sunday at Harbor Trees (if I’m in town and not working a Brunch).

EDIT: And I can have you guys out at the Hawthorns on any given Monday during the season. Once outings start it will have to be an evening round, however. Still free, though.

1 Like

Not sure if you’re referring to THIS Sunday or ANY Sunday, but we’re probably closed down until March. I know bear slide was open on Monday but heard that it was awfully muddy, which based on its reputation is pretty believable.

Weekdays are usually better for me but a scheduled weekend works too.

1 Like

New Refuge member and relatively new golfer based in downtown Indy. Goals for 2023 include playing more golf and figured this would be a great place to start. Interested in adding my name to the Roost pile if that means we can get one off the ground

RIP Riverside

7 Likes

It’s gonna be next year at the earliest for a roost, but welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome!

Fortunately for this year, the Ohio and Illinois roosts are strong. I’m sure, if you’re willing to travel a bit, there will be a fair amount of fun golf to be played there.

Unfortunately for this group, it means we’re sandwiched between two strong roosts. When the concept first kicked off we struggled to garner much interest to meet the requirements. Would be fun to drum some up and get something going for next year.

Seems the recipe is putting on a quality event. The OG Duel match for charity (and vibes) in Cincinnati in 2019 is proof positive. Turned into a sought after event that launched the roost they’ve got over there.

3 Likes

Don’t forget about our one Tennessee roost member! Hahaha, but year, we are kinda in a strange area that we have a decent sized roost within 2 hours in any direction with Chicago, Ohio, STL, and Tennessee.

We should totally organize and host an open Nest tournament where we offer more lucrative prizes and better snacks and tee gifts then the other roost’s do for their tournaments. Send it out to everyone… Maybe we could poach their players, and get them to join our roost.

I feel like I’ve heard this idea somewhere before though? :shark:

Whoa, love this shoutout haha. I’m downtown Indy as well and make it over to the Riverside range about once a week during the winter. So let’s link up. Welcome in!

1 Like

All I’m gonna say is we would have bring some major heat to top HCC on tee gifts. Lol

2 Likes

Used to play the Riverside course a ton in college. Was definitely a bummer to see it close. I also frequent the Riverside range though!

2 Likes

Riverside is everywhere! Who knew. Range meetup incoming?

2 Likes

Sounds like a range / par 3 course meet up is in the cards! If anyone is downtown, the new Golo golf studio near Fletcher Place is fantastic. Jack the pro that runs the shop is great and their monthly membership prices are a steal

1 Like

I’ve wondered about that place…might need to look harder