Roll Call: Houston

“more impressive than a hole in one” @thefriedegg

1 Like

Hey all,

I had booked a 4some at Memorial Park this Saturday Mar 28th @ 10:30am using the advanced booking system. Travel plans were cancelled due to the coronavirus. I am hoping someone can make use of it, otherwise I will call and cancel.

Cheers,

@TwoPuttBird sorry to hear that!

I’m in.

Wouldn’t have mattered. All of our munis are now closed due to our shelter in place rule. I had a foursome at memorial this Saturday. They’ve already refunded my $60 early reservation fee.

Are there any courses open in the area? I’d love to get out and walk a course this weekend. I’ve been cooped in a conference room with 6 guys all week so it’s needed.

Pretty sure it’s just the private clubs that are open now.

Just looking around, it seems like Wildcat is still open but taking measures to promote social distancing

Wildcat is indeed open, no clue how they got deemed essential…

1 Like

Some things I’ve seen have deemed them as an outdoor recreational activity but it seems like a state by state decision

Any word on when Memorial Park will be back open?

Last I’ve heard it won’t be until the end of May. That’s the date I’ve seen major parks and the library closed till.

1 Like

Both the range and the course at Memorial are re-opening June 1

4 Likes

Finally I can get back to not making birdies for my Birdie Challenge

7 Likes

If nothing else, maybe I can get tee times at Gus Wortham again with Memorial back open

2 Likes

How’s the progress coming? I’ve got 8 to go at my club.

I’ve got 4 down through 4 rounds. Haven’t played memorial since early March though!

1 Like

Have you heard about Memorial opening up again? I checked their website this morning, still shows a “closed until further notice” on the homepage.

On social media they keep saying June 1.

1 Like

Yeah, the Houston parks dept has had the June 1 date on their website for a couple days. It looks like Memorial just sent out an email confirming the same.

1 Like

Welp, one of my golf buddies and co-workers got the invite to Bluejack National today from a director at work. I’m happy for him, right?

3 Likes