Roll Call - GB & IRE

Loved Littlestone.
And Rye.

2 Likes

Cheers mate. Dropped @Wabinez a messaged. Appreciate the help

Can confirm. Showing its teeth especially when the wind blows.

2 Likes

I’m looking at the Irish PGA at Carne right now on Instagram and it looks so, so amazing and really, really windy. I’ll be at Carne in almost a year exactly and can’t wait.

2 Likes

All,

American in Ireland for 2 nights on the back of the first work trip to the UK in 2 years. I have a spot at Tralee at 1:06PM on Thursday 15 Sep and one at Ballybunion at 11:56AM on Friday 16 Sep. Anyone interested in joining me for either or both?

Best,
Blake

3 Likes

Hi

I was in Aberdeen golfing this week and heard about the Dishonourable company for the first time and it sounds great but is there a website or a contact for Scotland ?

Im in Edinburgh.

We played Murcar , Royal Aberdeen and Trump with Royal Aberdeen being the pick of the 3. Amazing condition . First time for me

Cheers

4 Likes

Hi all! I’m putting the final touches on an epic trip to Ireland next August. I will share the itinerary as we get closer in hopes some of you degenerate golfers could meet up with us if not for a round then at least a pint or two.

I also have a more selfish request, which is to see if anyone here might be a member of Ardglass or County Louth. We will only be in that area over a weekend which is apparently reserved for members. I’m hopeful we can find someone willing to have us out with them in the morning (we are playing RCD at 4:00 that Sunday. We are also playing Seapoint on Saturday which I’m fairly excited about but in the event someone would want to host us at County Louth that Saturday we would be most thankful.

Regardless can’t wait to get to Ireland and hope that I can meet some of you in person.

2 Likes

I am an overseas member of Ardglass.
Whats the potential Ardglass date?

1 Like

We could either do late afternoon on Saturday August 5 or morning the next day.

1 Like

How many of you are there?

There are five of us. A strange number to be sure but that’s who we have thus far.

1 Like

Odds of me getting five unaccompanied guests on a weekend at Ardglass are very low.

Ardglass allows weekend booking through Golf Now. I just looked and for example for this coming weekend,and the next 7 or 8 weekends as well. I assume the same will be true for August 2023.

It also allows booking through its own website.

County Louth will be tougher to pull off for a weekend.

No worries WHATSOEVER. It was a gamble but honestly we are trying to avoid 36 hole days as it’s a long trip and we don’t want to be broken by the time we get to Lahinch or Ballybunion… appreciate you even looking into it.

Edit: I just realized the pro shop stated mornings are reserved for members not weekends entirely. So we might see if we can play Ardglass that Saturday either in addition to or in place of Seapoint.

1 Like

Hi lads,

Longtime listener to the pod. First time posting.

Living in Kildare and member in Grange Golf Club in Dublin for the past 5 years or so.

Cheers,

Stephen

4 Likes

@The_Cad_Says can you get him sorted for the RACDG WhatsApp group?

If you want to join, that is @smoriarty10

@AndyDowney Yep I’d love to, cheers lads

Actually @AndyDowney & @The_Cad_Says I’ve also been meaning to follow up and get sorted on the RACDG WhatsApp group as well (based in Cork Ireland) what do I need to do???

1 Like

Ardglass is better than Seapoint in my view and the town itself is certainly more interesting.
Seapoint is worth a visit if you can fit it in before or after Baltray. Its front nine is more parkland style. Back nine is better.

The staff and pro at Ardglass are very nice. If you send a nice email, I am sure they will do their best. Tell them about your whole trip and how you dont want to miss Ardglass!!

Actually, it was a full misread on my part but you mentioning that weekend tee times were available on GolfNow got me to ping them again and I booked us afternoon tee times for that Saturday. Very excited and will cancel Seapoint which does seem like a nice course but Ardglass was on our list for a reason and can’t wait to play it. Thanks for the help and the nudge - truly appreciated!

1 Like

What’s your number and I’ll fire you into the WhatsApps?