Roll Call - GB & IRE

Really hoping I can make it up there this summer. Not sure when the government will allow us to travel that far!

1 Like

Rockliffe Hall you say…

1 Like

Hi guys,

Newly joined up, based up in W Yorkshire at the moment.

Normally spend most my time as a student in London though, be interested to hear any recommendations for good places to pay and play without maxing out my loan! sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere

1 Like

Plenty of us round London. And a LOT of £30 member guest fees you can take advantage of.

Let me know if you want looped into the RACDG GB&I groupthink.

2 Likes

Hi All, been lurking around the refuge for a long time now so figured I should introduce myself.

From Dublin, living in Kildare and am a member at the k club. Haven’t been able to play much over the last few years for various reasons but hoping to get out more this year.

5 Likes

Welcome!

Definitely need an Irish meet up at some point. Think there’s enough of us for a good days golf.

5 Likes

Thanks!

Definitely, hopefully we eventually get back to some sort of normality and can make it happen!

Welcome Jay. There are a couple of us in Cork and a few in Belfast and Dublin.

We have a lively whatsapp group with guys all over GB&I. Lots of travel being planned and can make some good connections in there.

2 Likes

Hey trendsetters. Just introducing myself.

I’m based in North London, born in Scotland played a ton of golf when I was a kid, literally all there was to do, but after moving down to England I, err, admittedly lost my way it’s fair to say. But picked my old sticks up last year and haven’t been able to put them down since, forgot how addictive that natural wipey fade was. Anyway been a fan of NLU for a while, genuinely didn’t realise there was a website till like, a week ago. So here I am.

2 Likes

Hey @jay & @LA_Whitelock

Let me know if you guys want into the RACDG gang and I’ll loop you into the WhatsApp. We’ve got a LOT of golf coming up over the summer from Woodhall Spa to Sunningdale to St Andrews to Saunton & Royal North Devon. A wee Portrush trip is on the cards, as is a Carne trip at some point. Pretty much more golf than you can play!

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’d love to get involved and play where and when I can. I’m a big fan of playing a new layout every time. So that kinda fits my MO.

1 Like

…Barrys?

1 Like

Always. Gotta get your hole with a wee orange faced milly or it’s not a beazer night out.

And for one of the prizes on the day everyone has to chip in a pounds worth of 10p’s. Winner gets the lot but has to go straight to Barry’s and try their fortune on the 10p sliders!

1 Like

Got details for this year’s Shut comp…

2 days
2 rounds
25th & 26th October 2020
36 hole stableford
Full handicap allowance
Royal North Devon
Saunton East

Dinner, bed & breakfast at the Barnstaple Hotel.

Prizes of varying degrees of wokeness.

£200 all in. £35 extra for single supplement, though there are limited rooms for that.

There will also be extra outings to local courses (Saunton West, St Enodoc, Trevose, Burnham & Berrow) on the Sat & Tue for anyone interested.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Long time listener but recent refugee. I’ve read through the thread and it’s good to see there’s an active GB&I community on here.

After four years of golf and uni in St Andrews I now live in Oxfordshire and am a member at Goring & Streatley, a nicely maintained Harry Colt redesign. If anyone fancies a game in the area let me know!

4 Likes

I wanted to let you know about the new, free resource Evalu18

We’ve built it and then rebuilt it from the ground up.

The homepage has a button called GOLF NEAR ME - one click and youll know exactly where the best golf is near you.

Hope you enjoy!

I wanted to let you know about the new, free resource Evalu18

We’ve built it and then rebuilt it from the ground up.

The homepage has a button called GOLF NEAR ME - one click and youll know exactly where the best golf is near you.

Hope you enjoy!

Hi
Just to introduce myself, played on and off for years but have fully committed and got the bug! Have been a
member of a parkland course in Liverpool called Childwall a James Braid design for just over a year now. Love everything golf and love to travel to play great golf courses.

1 Like

Let us know if you want looped in to the RACDG over here. We’ve got a few up your neck of the woods now. :slight_smile: