Roll Call: Fort Myers/Naples

@freesypop

Jimmy P’s is a great spot, their burger shops are awesome too

Roadhouse Cafe also has solid steaks
http://www.roadhousecafefl.com

1 Like

We are battling for the state. Get involved!

Ohioan here, will be in Fort Myers from November 3-9 for a wedding on the 7th. There is a possibility that I am able to bring my clubs with me, but I only want to bring my own if I can do at least 2 rounds. What would be recommended courses in the near Fort Myers area to hit? Probably will be out on weekdays but maybe Saturday.

Planning an 8 person golf trip for late January. Staying at a friend of a friends winter house. Does the Nest have any course recos? Willing to drive about an hour.

Moving to Fort Myers area in May, I tend to come down a few times in the winter, but permanently in May. Just seeing how many active members are in this area? Don’t know the golf scene much so any recommendations accepted!

3 Likes

I’m up in Tampa but join us in our roost!

2 Likes

Let us know when you get here and get settled. We’ll definitely get out and play

1 Like

Will do!

Just a warning that this guy is a Gophers/PJ Fleck fan. Proceed with extreme caution….

2 Likes

Catching a drive by here. You’re a bad guy @BaxterMSP.

:man_shrugging:t2:

Is it really a drive by since I said the same thing to your face in Jax?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s been mentioned before, but Fort Myers CC is a great muni and a very fun track. Hopefully see you out there

5 Likes

count me in if you’re ever looking to put a group together out there.

also has one of the better outdoor bars if you’re into that sort of thing

1 Like

I’ll reach out once I’m moved and settled. Looking forward to it

Heading to Ft Myers at the end of the month for 6 days to play with a few buddies. Any great restaurants we should be checking out while we’re there?

@loosh do you live in the area?

No sir, my parents have a place in Punta Gorda so I make it down once or twice a year. I ended up playing Fort Myers CC, Riverwood Golf Club and Heritage Landing (because it’s so close).

FMCC is a great albeit quirky course that I would definitely play again. Not an ideal course for an out-of-season player, but you end up with so many different types of tee shots, approach shots, and around-the green shots, I really enjoyed it.

Riverwood is my go-to for the area - a “public” course with some character and solid conditioning.

Heritage Landing is a soulless abyss that I’d rather avoid at all costs.

2 Likes

I live in Punta Gorda, we have only a small contingent of Nest members here in the Fort Myers/Naples/Port Charlotte area. Let us known when you make it back down this way. I like Riverwood too. Also check out Heron Creek in North Port next time you’re here if you haven’t played it before.

Great restaurants may be a stretch. I’ll try to come up with a few spots to check out. What’s the vibe of the trip and where approximately in Fort Myers are you staying? Wives coming? Any types of food preferred or specifically not wanting?