Roll call Florida refugees

I wish I could use all of my likes for this. Had a blast with you guis yesterday. My son and niece were asking when we can go again and if you and your wife could come with before we even got to the car!

2 Likes

Me too! But now we’ll just have to meet up in TX

1 Like

nice, I’d be down. where do you usually play?

I get around quite a bit, but the usuals are Atlantis, Atlantic National, and Links at Boynton

1 Like

Anyone have any recs near Pensacola? Visiting my inlaws who live here. I’ve played Lost Key, Tiger Point, Stonebrook, Marcus Pointe (yuck), and Scenic Hills. I have a tee time at Peninsula G+R Club for this coming week.

#GETINVOLVED

2 Likes

Moving from Illinois to the Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte area next month. I know next to nobody and have played 1 lifetime round down in that area. Excited to explore the golf landscape.

Anyone a local or have any course recs? TIA

1 Like

Hey Florida guis (or anyone nearby) - I’m sure you’re all used to seeing these kinds of posts, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone’s available on Monday, Sept. 27th to get together and send a few. I’m spending a few days in the Tampa area, planning to play 9 at Winter Park around 9am, and I’ve got a 3:15 tee time at Jax Beach that afternoon. If you want to join, let me know!

1 Like

Spamming this thread… Sign up for the DAD

1 Like

y’all like Streamsong?

3 Likes

Staying near Stuart with a friend in couple of weeks. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Fox Club
PGA Club - Dye or Wanamaker
Champions Club at Summerfield
Lost Lake (maybe pricey for what it is)
Jensen Beach (fka Eagle Marsh) (check reviews for conditions)

That’s a good start; other Palm Beach, Martin, and Indian River County Refugees will probably chime in.

Thanks for the recommendation @liveadam. Although next time I need to bring more balls. That water was a magnet.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it, was it in pretty good condition? I’d still highly recommend Fox Club, but you’ll want extra balls there as well.

1 Like

It was a nice little course. Fairways were good for the most part. Some of the greens were in pretty bad shape, a lot of crabgrass.

1 Like

Come on home to roost!

Would love for us to get together on a zoom/teams call after thanksgiving one night to float ideas, whomever has interest in the captaincy, etc. Get signed up!

4 Likes

I’d totally be down for a zoom.

1 Like

I’m back in town for thanksgiving and would love to get up to Palm Beach Par 3 sometime Saturday - Monday, anyone want to join in?

We’re putting together a Florida Roost! I’m going through the nest directory and tagging people who are in Florida. If you are interested in joining our Florida based Roost, throw your name on this spreadsheet! If you aren’t, that’s totally cool, and let’s find a time to tee it up soon.

If you haven’t/don’t listen to the nest pod, and aren’t sure what I’m talking about, here’s a thread about it.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2022-refuge-roosts-local-clubs-club-championship-outline/63652/196

tl/dr formal groups are being formed and there will be golf rounds, golf events, merch, and general good times centering around golf that will culminate in an NLU sponsored tournament across roosts.

@absynthparty @amarine005 @anesbitt @Asimpson3 @astrang @ATM @Awalt12 @azwolak @Barneygolf65 @BenJKodi

5 Likes