Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

Sounds like a plan. Once the season starts you can swing by my place too!

1 Like

@JustHuckIt im in Paoli, Pickering valley has a great deal going on right now 298 for 2 years unlimited green fees. I play 9 before work there once or twice a week.

3 Likes

Eastern PA/Central PA need to join forces an get a NIT Qualifier going. Philadelphia would be a perfect spot. Course options are endless. Easy access for people in New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland.

7 Likes

That is a heck of a deal. The course is bleh, but for that money you only need to play a few times for it to be worth it.

Hey guys, I may have missed this but what do you all think of that GAP ultimate 18? Including the ā€œrunner upā€ holes.

Also in regards to an NLU event in the future, Iā€™ve got the hookup at Jeffersonville this summer if itā€™s good enough for you guys, but would also be happy to travel to another spot.

1 Like

In on Jeffersonville. Itā€™s plenty good enough IMO. Reasonably priced too.

1 Like

Iā€™m 8 minutes from paxon. Def has character and normally in good shape. Only complaint is that itā€™s always crowded.

1 Like

I canā€™t disagree w/ the complaint. I think thatā€™s just nature of the beast in Philly public golf today. Anything decent is going to be packed and slow to play.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty new here so not sure how all this works, but Iā€™m in to head up the event and/or help get it organized.

GAP 2020 Member Play Days courses have been released. Pretty good line up. The Aug 17th at Mannies caught my eye among others

6 Likes

How do you register for these?

If youā€™re a member of GAP you just need to register on the date each eventā€™s registration opens.

From the email from GAP to members that have opted in to their emails:

@jjm2214 - can probably chime in as well for specific questions

Can definitely help you guys with these if you have questions. Shoot me a DM here or an email jmanos@gapgolf.org

1 Like

What are the registration costs normally like on these?

Each MPD has a different registration cost. 90% of them cost either $100 or $120. That includes lunch, cart, range balls, golf and the opportunity to win prizes.

2 Likes

I was looking at that one, as well. Also looking at July 27 @ Llanerch.

1 Like

LLanerch is in the midst of a really cool renovation (from the looks of it). They did half the course this winter (the holes on the club house side of the road that divides the course) & will be ready for play in April. Doing the other half next off-season. I have a couple buddies that grew up / belong there and Iā€™ve been following it pretty closely. If interested in seeing some of the progress the super there has been doing a nice job of posting updates on twitter: https://twitter.com/BrendanJByrne01 as well as Brian Schneider the consulting architect (from Renaissance design) on his instagram account www.instagram.com/bschneidergolf

2 Likes

I saw some drone shots of the work they did somewhere. I canā€™t find the video now, but if I do Iā€™ll post it. Looks awesome. Never played Llanerch, but Iā€™ve heard its a great course and a really fun membership.

EDIT: Found it!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, this is my first time posts/joining the group, been a longtime follower of NLU, and would read the Refuge on occasion. I am in the Eastern Burlington County area, looking for new people to get our with as the regular guys I play with are starting families and new work schedules. Excited to #getinvolved more and playing more rounds than last year.

2 Likes

Happy to have you! quite a few of us in that greater area, Iā€™ll f/u with you over DM for the whats app link to the RACDG chat