Roll Call: East Tennessee

Blackthorn.

1 Like

My best ever round there is like 3 under I think? And I played fuckin’ great.

1 Like

I’m not a good golfer, and I own that. But I can say without any reservation that I’ve never even sniffed that kind of statement. The greens are pretty extreme for a par3. Playing it once a year doesn’t help me learn it any better either, so I can’t really complain.

1 Like

Going to be in Chattanooga with the family next week and have the green light from the wife to check out some of the area private courses, as we’re considering moving down from DC in the next few years and would be looking to join.

I lined up a round at Black Creek on 4/15 through the developer (may have an opening for 1 at 9:30 if anyone is interested). Council Fire informed me that they don’t offer prospective member play and I’d have to be the guest of a current member. SMGCC offered the opportunity to “visit” but was unclear about playing. Any members of either on here looking to host a fellow Refugee on 4/11, 4/13, or 4/14?

2 Likes

I have an extra spot for Black Creek on Friday at 9:30 if there’s anyone interested. Let me know.

1 Like

Anyone want to play Friday afternoon around 1?

I’d be up for it but cant make this weekend as I’m doing the abandoned dudes trip to SS

1 Like

I may just completely punish myself and join a tee time at Egwani as a single.

Was there 2 weeks ago and had a 2.5 hour front 9 with a 30 minute wait on 11… we left.

1 Like

Did the same about 3 weeks ago…just joined a random 3some and if it’s slow, I’ll bail.

3 Ridges has a tournament Friday afternoon, so I’m hoping Egwani won’t be too bad.

1 Like

Williams Creek is fun as hell.
Still coming in and they probably punched a couple weeks ago, but man that was a good time today and right at 2 hours for a little “break” from work.

1 Like

Centennial is bad. That is all.

#18 has always been a terrible hole or do you mean the course is in bad shape?

1 Like

It’s safe to say it’s not the best course in town by anyone’s standards.

1 Like

Yes to both of those.
I thought 1, 11, and 18 were overall just bad and there wasn’t much to brag about inbetween.

1 Like

Hitting Sweetens at the end of the month 5/31. We were looking to play somewhere on Monday(5/30). Was hoping for Suwanee but they’re closed on Monday. Just got a call back from McLemore and looking like we’ll be there. Has anyone played there and what were your thoughts about the course?

McLemore is fun! It’s usually in great shape, and the people are very kind there.
That being said, it’s brutally hard. Pack a lot of balls.

1 Like

We are playing McLemore next week. Will let you know how it is.

1 Like

Hello all. My name is Scott Wagner. I currently live in Wilmington, NC (I know…nowhere close to East Tennessee) but my wife and I recently purchased a condo in Maggie Valley< NC (I know, still not in East Tennessee). The guys over on the NC Roll Call suggested I reach out to y’all to see if there are any active Refuge players on this message board.

I’m a 15 handicap who’s only been playing seriously for about 3 years now. We hope to get a lot of use of the condo but unfortunately I know no one in the area, so giving this a shot.

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

I’m in Knoxville, but cover further East on 40.