Roll Call: East Tennessee

I’m down to meet up for a round in the spring as I live in Knoxville.

They have a set of Miuras at Edwin Watts for $850 if anyone feeling frisky. The heads are absolutely gorgeous and in great shape. Ugly yellow regular flex graphite shafts and jumbo orange grips on them though. The PW - 9 are the Miura Baby Blade and the 4 iron is the Miura Tournament Blade. I’ll post a pic later today.

3 Likes

You don’t say.

Cc: @anon26814599

what are the 5-8? asking for a … friend

wait hold on are these Graphite Design shafts? I swear I’ve seen this set before somewhere.

The 5-PW were Baby Blades and the 4 iron was the Tournament Blade. I now see my typo. Not sure if they were graphite design shafts, I couldn’t get past the blinding colors.

These shafts?

Nope

who the heck trades those in. my god.

is this the kind of place where you can make an offer and negotiate?

I think you could probably do some haggling on a trade in set.

Yea I might have to go look at these. Ya know. For research.

If anyone ever wants to play Holston Hills it’ll only run you $80 if you play with me. I know it’s a bit much, but it’s a great course.

6 Likes

Fox Den is about the same. We could do a home and away sometime? Or during the week is about $50. Others welcome

Sick!! Let’s do it soon!

Holston is such a great play. Usually play in the Helen Ross McNabb tourney every year there…about the only way I’m getting on. Somehow I never manage to putt well as I can’t seem to get a feel for the greens

That’s why we do what we do lol. I’m the assistant superintendent out here

1 Like

Holston is definitely my favorite course in the area. Did not realize that it carries the reputation of the least tampered with Ross design until I stumbled on a fried egg piece on it a few months ago. I also play it every year in the Helen Ross McNabb but will occasionally luck my way into playing it with a member.

1 Like

Well you got a better way in now brother.

3 Likes

The only time I have played HH is for the same reason, the Helen Ross McNabb tournament. Really enjoyed the course layout and actually having to think through shots.

Chattanooga here. Just moved up here from Atlanta. Let me know if anyone other Chattanoogian’s are looking for a game

5 Likes