Roll Call: Duval

Played ABCC today. Course is in fantastic shape, greens are lightning. Even the fairways are cut really tight. Realized it’s 3 and 16 I hate, not 15.

Im not a member just good buddies with a few guys out there. Usually play member guest every year.

1 Like

Would this be an “extra” special assessment, because I know they already did a special assessment for the building of a new clubhouse. Again, not a member, but I know a lot of members were not thrilled about the initial assessment for the clubhouse.

Another assessment. I don’t have any concrete information about it happening, just know that it wouldn’t surprise me because this litigation is nowhere close to being resolved and member organization/HOA boards get impatient during these things.

That’s good to hear. I’ve been in talks and know they have an assessment right now for some pretty awesome upgrades to the clubhouse and halfway house. Adding another assessment would hurt but atleast could move me up the wait list l

I was there over the holidays. Course is excellent, but I do believe it is at least a year waitlist at the moment

1 Like

I’d be up for a somewhat relative game on my biweekly Fridays off. Unfortunately, most of my golfing coworkers have the other Friday off in compressed work schedule. I’m hoping to bounce around to as many courses within an hour drive in the area over the course of this year. I already have a conflict on 1/13, but may reach out in this thread for 1/27, 2/10, 2/24, etc.

This list has been valuable to me! Thanks for posting it. Does anyone have a list of the best all day practice facilities in the area?

I need to revisit that list. I have played a few more, and condition has changed at some courses. For example, I was way too high on HP because it was in okay shape 4 years ago. The few times since, it has been a goat track. I’ve heard, but havent witnessed first hand the problems at North Hampton that will probably shove it down the list.

Thanks again. I am in town with my family. My sons want to work this week to get ready for their spring college golf seasons. Even that update helps. Love Donald Ross and was planning on trying HP, but will probably cancel that tee time now. We would play Jax Beach almost all of the rounds, but it books up so fast!

It looks like I could be spending some serious time near Jacksonville this summer. Specifically, Fernandina area.

Have played some courses in the area in the past, but was curious as to any hidden gems worth getting to?

2 Likes

Amelia River Club is a lot of fun and doesn’t have any houses which is rare for the area. The drive to Jax Beach isn’t too far and it’s nice going through a state park then hopping on a ferry.

2 Likes

See if the Omni Amelia Island is offering the resort pass. In the past that will get you on Oak Marsh for a reasonable price.

4 Likes

Played it once. Was probably gonna make it my home base while in the area!

Great idea. Though that course is tough. Is the local muni worth a trip?

The Fernandina muni is not a course I’ll ever play by choice. It’s very meh and there’s too much good golf surrounding it to bother in my opinion.

3 Likes

Bummer to see that Jax Beach’s Bruce Mohler is leaving.

5 Likes

On Amelia Island until the 25th with a couple trips to Jacksonville to see family guaranteed during that time. If anyone is playing and looking for a second/third/fourth lemme know and if it works out I’d love to link up. Been to amelia a bunch over the years and noodling playing river club again while here if anyone is interested in that kinda thing.

1 Like

Can’t claim to know him but the transformation of Jax Beach has been incredible. I used to live less than a mile from the course but never played it because of the horrible conditions. Now it’s the best value by far in the area. Only problem is I moved to St John’s County lol…but still make it out there a couple times a month.

1 Like

Thinking about playing Jax Beach tomorrow afternoon - Anyone interested?

Sad to see him go.

2 Likes