Roll Call: Duval

Yo man, I’d love to hop in that and finally get a round together if it’s still available

2 Likes

Man I’d love that, you’re in!

Cross posting this event. Hope to see you there!

1 Like

He is. Went to high school at Bartram Trail.

Wife’s work will have me in Duuuval the night of the 12th thru the 15th. Definitely trying to play a round at Jax beach on the 13th while im down there. Anyone interested in linking up?

I went ahead and booked a foursome for 11:39 on Friday the 13th (freddy krueger music plays). Ill cancel if I can’t fill it.

Looking for another this afternoon at 1:15 at Jax Beach - anyone want to join?

After management at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation resort sneakily demolished the Bobby Weed x Pete Dye Ocean Links course, drawing the ire of equity members and a judge, a compromise was struck and a new 10-hole Little Sandy Short Course has opened in its place.

Little Sandy features 10 holes nestled around Red Maple Lake, ranging from 70 to 125 yards, and an 18-hole putting green. Playing through a picturesque lowland oak marsh habitat, Omni Amelia Island Resort’s new short course provides a traditional, yet fun-focused golf experience for all ages and abilities.

The course offers an idyllic setting as nearly all holes are played along Red Maple Lake’s water that contrast sandy native grass areas, dunes, and diverse wildlife habitat.

The Beau Welling design for Little Sandy was intentional to create an environment that promotes camaraderie and community. Playability and a fun atmosphere are emphasized to cater to families and those new to the game, but the course also offers strategic tests of golf and bold and contoured greens that will challenge more experienced golfers. One notable feature is the 10th hole that plays to an island green presenting a dramatic close to the round, even featuring a “hole-in-one” pin.

Little Sandy is open exclusively to registered Omni resort guests and members of The Amelia Island Club.

This is a walking course (no golf carts). Walk-ins only, no reservations.

Pricing
$50 per round (Adults)
$35 per round (Juniors 17 years of age or younger)
$15 Sunday bag rental

Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 7 p.m.

2 Likes

Saw this in the JAGA newsletter:

Concert Golf Partners, a Lake Mary company, will take over management at Marsh Landing this summer. Details are still being worked out. Concert also manages the Golf Club of Amelia as well as six other clubs in Florida.

From what I understand, Concert Golf Partners buys private clubs. It’s not a third-party management company.

If the deal goes through, I’m curious to see how that affects things here.

maybe they’ll change that awful range/concrete mats. One can only hope!

1 Like

Weather is turning for the worst today so might get rained out at Jax Beach. Anyone got a game going tomorrow they need a fourth on? Shoot me a DM if so!

1 Like

You might be able to sneak it in - looks ok at the beach for the next few hours.

If your really needing to hit a few balls go to coastal indoor golf around the corner from Jax Beach - great indoor sim set up.

And if all that fails, forget golf, go to Sun Deli - order a sandwich and ask what soups are available today. Don’t forget a side of their chipotle ranch sauce!

4 Likes

Noted! Appreciate it. Live here for a year about 6 years ago. Variable weather is a way of life.

2 Likes

Yeah, you should be fine. The weather should be kind of great actually.

2 Likes

2 spots open at TPC Valley course tomorrow at noon for $150 if anyone would like to join.

Splash of OJ Roost Event for the upcoming season #getinvolved !

1 Like

Who are the best instructors for the money in Jax (and why)? My swing is off the rails right now, and I need help. I’m a bit on the wonky side, so if somebody is good with data that can give me some data I can manipulate on my own, that is a big bonus.

I’ve worked with Wes at TopGolf during a group instruction and got some good results then: leaning toward him. Friends use Boots Farley at UNF, but I went to his social media pages and I’m not really like what I see in the videos. Maybe I’m wrong?

I’m crapping away $30-40 of golf balls every round, so this will pay itself off in more than bets.

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks. Note to self: RTFT. (Read the f’ing thread)

Bob Mattiace related to Len? Brother? Hayes, I assume, is Boots’ son?

I may reach out to Reed Webb: I’m a bit worried about being charged for a lesson and having to stick around when lightning is too close for my liking (I was struck as a kid, and I find my “when the thunder roars, go indoors” attitude is not shared by others. I’ve walked off intramural championship games). Indoor has some benefit.

2 Likes

Yep!

I’m partial to Bob and Hayes but the indoor spot is really good.

If anyone ever wants to join me for a round at South Hampton let me know. Looking for some people to play with.

3 Likes