Roll Call: Continental Europe- hosting The II. RACDG Charlemagne Cup June 17-18

Great pics, and I love the trophy/event name. Shout out the Holy Roman Empire!

2 Likes

Am 100% going next year. What else could drag me to Dusseldorf to play golf, eh?!

1 Like

Invite accepted! I live in Stuttgart.
Iā€™m new to the refuge and excited for some golf outings in the region.

2 Likes

Cool - welcome to the Refuge and to the European community! :partying_face:
Do you play in Stuttgart? Iā€™m originally from TĆ¼bingen, with some family still in the area, so a Stuttgart meet-up might work out sometime, too!

Weā€™ll be posting updates here whenever something is in the works, but most active communication happens through the Whatsapp channels of our society, the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonorable Golfers (RACDG). You can find some more info on what thatā€™s all about on the Roost channel here on the refuge: https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2022-refuge-roosts-local-clubs-club-championship-outline/63652 or on our own website: About ā€” RACDG .

Our little mainland community is a spin-off from the Great Britain & Ireland RACDG , which was created as itā€™s own society and is now one of the official NLU roosts.

Just send me a private message with your phone no. if you want to get involved!

1 Like

Late to the party on this but very cool to see you got a meetup sorted. Will hopefully be back in Europe next (northern) summer so will check in again closer to the time.

1 Like

Hi everyone, seemingly late to party, but hey, after closely following NLU since the tour sauce blog posts I figured it might be a good idea to join here after all. Iā€™m from Bonn and currently a VcG-member. After not actually playing for a couple of years I took up the game again this summer and realized Iā€™m (still) capable of playing a single-digit handicap so thatā€™s kinda fun. Would love to connect with some like-minded folks for frequent discussions (I have watched most of the broadcasts on Sky during the last 12-ish years and certainly have some coverage takesā€¦) and possibly some meet-ups in the future.

Cheers
Josch

Hi Josch, herzlichen Willkommen and great to have you! Itā€™s an honor to have this be your first Refuge post.

We have a small whatsapp chat for the select few of us on the mainland - frequent discussions might be a bit of an overstatement, but better than nothing :slight_smile: Send me your phone number as a private message and Iā€™ll add you. Also make sure to check out the links to the RACDG above and find the podcast on spotify - theres a whole universe of meet-ups to explore for you on the British Isles, if you want to get involved even more!

Hey everyone,

also a little late to the party but hi everyone! Been listening to NLU forever but an old podcast Soly and Tom Coyne made me come here.

Greetings from SW Germany

Marcel

3 Likes

Hey Marcel.

Iā€™m sure David will be along soon to welcome you into the Continental Europe fold, but youā€™d be very wrk one to hang out with the RACDG Europe gang. :relaxed:

Hi Marcel!
Good to have you on board - Germany slowly becoming the European NLU stronghold :slight_smile: Where do you play your golf?

Same has been posted above:
Weā€™ll be posting updates here whenever something is in the works, but most active communication happens through the Whatsapp channels of our society, the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonorable Golfers (RACDG). You can find some more info on what thatā€™s all about on the Roost channel here on the refuge: https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2022-refuge-roosts-local-clubs-club-championship-outline/63652 or on our own website: About ā€” RACDG .

Our little mainland community is a spin-off from the Great Britain & Ireland RACDG , which was created as itā€™s own society and is now one of the official NLU roosts.

Just send me a private message with your full name and phone no. if you want to get involved and I can throw you into our little mainland Europe whatsapp chat as well!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

Iā€™m from Spain and have been following this thread for a little bit and decided 2023 could be a good opportunity to connect with some NLU followers like me. I will shoot David a direct message and hope you all get to play some golf in Spain soon!

2 Likes

Sweet, hi Jorge! Why donā€™t you also tell us a bit about yourself here; where do you play?

Thank you David!

I usually play in the Zaragoza area as Iā€™m a member of Los Lagos GC and Guara GC. But I love to travel around with some of my golf friends on our motorhome. For example last week we traveled to Zarauz for the 1st Spanish Hickory Open. Once the system allows me to I will share some photos of the motorhome and some of our travels!

I also used to go to the Manchester area a lot growing up to practice and compete so I might have played some of the courses other UK refuge companions have!

4 Likes

Hi Jorge

We actually have an active member in Madrid whoā€™s always up for meet ups locally. And of course there are numerous Flock trips a year to Spain by various people. A few holiday homes on the south coast.

1 Like

That sounds great! Looking forward to connect with him!

Itā€™s certainly a great destination when considering weather & food combined with the golf in the area. What about the rest of golfers, are you mostly from UK and Germany?

1 Like

the south coast of Spain is fun for the weather and the golf
most folks are from the UK
Malaga and south to Gibraltar
Solheim Cup 2023

1 Like

Hi all, been listening to NLU for a number of years now but never got involved in the nest, until now! I live in Madrid and would be keen to join in discussions with any other european members of the community. Also always keen for a round in Madrid or potentially further afield. Iā€™m from the UK originally but have lived in France, Ireland, The Netherlands over the past 30 odd years. Cheers.

PS: may be moving to either Valencia or Andalucia later this year

1 Like

@dmh can you stick him in your group. Is Mark in there or do we need to do big Europe chat too?

Hi Mr Roz, welcome!
We have a WhatsApp chat that is more active that this forum - if you want to get involved, send me your phone number and full name, then I can get you added.

Check out the RACDG podcast on spotify and our instagram page, too, to get a bit of a feel for whatā€™s going on in the group!

Spotify
https://www.instagram.com/racdg_europe/

Producer Mark from Madrid? Heā€™s actually not in the chat yet, no. Our Foreigners group does cover all of Europe, though, no need for an additional chat

1 Like